News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

King of Asgard V2

Started by Thewintersoldier, September 02, 2021, 06:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I had owned a king of tone once before, it was cool, wasn't worth the inflated prices but I got it at retail price. When I needed money for a project that was the first thing to go. Sold it for a nice profit. When I built my last paragon I wasn't in love with it. I got rid of it on the cheap and said maybe I didn't like it after all. I decided to give it a go again and do this one at 9v instead of 18. Made all the difference in the world. Why people feel this needs more headroom is beyond me. It already has little compression to begin with. Unless playing with a high gain amp I think it sounds sterile and raspy at 18v. Also presence trimmers all the way down. Skipped the expensive diodes everyone pays out the ass for some cheap alternatives that were in the same range of fv. Went with king Thor on the outside and think it looks Cooler than a KOT and sounds like my old one. I think if PedalPCB does a revision he should have a jumper for 9v option.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Nice. A 9 or 18v switch shouldn't be that difficult at all. Fuzz dog has one on their T-Rex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.