News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shipping updates, parts issues, upcoming releases

Started by madbean, September 04, 2021, 06:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

- USPS has suspended 1st Class Package service to Australia due to COVID. I don't know how long this will last. I won't be able to ship any Australian orders until the suspension is lifted, unfortunately. If you do place an order, you may be waiting for a while before I can ship it. I'd advise waiting.

- I may be able to resume shipping to the UK. I should have an update on that soon.

- Parts shortages means some projects may be unavailable. I have UberTuber and Harbinger Two boards but not enough of the included parts. I think I can have both of these back in stock by the end of the month, though. The Rustbucket is discontinued for now. The projected availability for the Murata power brick that comes with it isn't until summer of 2022!

- Some new releases and a new giveaway are pending. Maybe this month. I've been having some health related issues over the last few months (not COVID thankfully) that have made consistent productivity extremely difficult. I can't really say more because we don't know what the problem is, only the symptoms (probably a good opportunity to go on a rant about healthcare in the soapbox thread!) But, I'm hoping to have some answers soon and also get back to work on mbp. The good news is I've been feeling better lately so I think I will be able to complete these releases (I've had the boards for almost 6 weeks already). Anyway, I expect one of those releases to be the new prototyping/testing rig kit which I am really excited to put out!

jimilee

Hey Brian, glad your feeling better.  I know that, in addition toMBP, you're also a dad and a husband, I'm sure they're happy too.  Feel better and thanks for all you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Glad your feeling better.  Stoked for some new releases, I'm on that prototype kit  8)

matmosphere

Hope you get some answers on the health issues. Glad things are looking up.

I find health stuff has defiantly become more complicated to navigate as I have gotten  older. You never know what will cause a change. My wife never had problems with dairy until last year, now she is lactose intolerant. Took some time to figure out because it seemed to come out of no where. Had a friend develope a gluten allergy about the same way. Hopefully you and your doctor can figure it out soon.

Looking forward to the new projects.

madbean

Thanks for the nice words, guys. Didn't mean to be cryptic - I guess I try not to bring too much of my personal issues into the forum. But, obviously this has had an impact on every part of my life so it is important to explain the extended downtime.

I basically had a migraine/head pressure from March until early July - every day all day long. I'm still having them now but it's kind of a day to day thing and the severity fluctuates. Plus it causes other problems like light sensitivity, brain fog and sometimes even dissociation. They sent me for two CT scans which were fine. No brain tumor! Couple prescription meds I've tried that haven't helped or made it worse. The only way to relieve the head pressure is to lay down. So, it's quite frustrating. It's a problem I've had on and off for a few years but it's never been this bad for this long. I've "researched" all sorts of potential causes like CSF issues, auto-immune disorders and even Lyme disease. I'm due to see a neurologist but couldn't get an appt until the end of December. All this has been quite demoralizing at times but my spirits are good now.

On more positive news I listed the upcoming releases on the Store page. There may be one additional one if I have time. I also will wait to announce the Giveaway until everything is ready to go. I'm working on documentation but I'll hold off picking a release date for now.

cooder

Tough stuff hope it goes better and better and upwards! Best wishes to get well again!
BigNoise Amplification

Willybomb

I was going to take USPS suspension of sales to Australia personally until I checked out their page.  Basically, they're not shipping anywhere afaict.

davent

Hope you get some answers soon Brian, the waiting, the not knowing is the worst situation to be in.

Two brain surgeries down and get checked out yearly, the MRI's are pretty cool.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

fig

I am truly sorry you are dealing with this and I hope you get some relief. Your quality of life must be shattered. The inability to focus on anything external is paralyzing.
I'm lookin' for this place called Lee Ho Fooks

madbean

Quote from: fig on October 03, 2021, 08:03:27 AM
I am truly sorry you are dealing with this and I hope you get some relief. Your quality of life must be shattered. The inability to focus on anything external is paralyzing.

TY. Luckily I have had a lot of good days recently. Enough so that I was able to get several new project ideas started. They've got me on a fair bit of meds now...some help a bit, some not. Apparently I am in for some fine tuning on meds to find the right combo according to the doc. Staying positive.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on October 03, 2021, 05:52:24 PM
Quote from: fig on October 03, 2021, 08:03:27 AM

TY. Luckily I have had a lot of good days recently. Enough so that I was able to get several new project ideas started. They've got me on a fair bit of meds now...some help a bit, some not. Apparently I am in for some fine tuning on meds to find the right combo according to the doc. Staying positive.
Man, definitely try to stay positive. If we can help, we're always here for you man. You are the man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons