News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nobels ODR-1

Started by Thewintersoldier, September 22, 2021, 05:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I've never played this circuit before but it's a cool pedal. It's got its own thing going on and the drive is really smooth. It's got hard and soft clipping and the spectrum knob is a dual filter that sweeps the mids I believe and a low pass at the same time. The bass roll off is a must as the bass is pretty prominent. Good volume cleanup too. I'd highly recommend it to someone looking for a low-mid gain drive. Went with Baron Zemo on the box cause he's a Nobelman, and a badass villain. Box is a tayda matte violet.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Nice as always! It's a great drive. I'm curious about the ODR-S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jimilee on September 22, 2021, 07:06:51 AM

Thanks Jimi. After reading the build doc by Kevin at Aion, I guess most people prefer the 1 over the S because the magic is in the spectrum knob and harder to dial in with the three band eq

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on September 22, 2021, 07:22:37 AM
Quote from: jimilee on September 22, 2021, 07:06:51 AM

Thanks Jimi. After reading the build doc by Kevin at Aion, I guess most people prefer the 1 over the S because the magic is in the spectrum knob and harder to dial in with the three band eq

I'll give you that, is there any versatility advantage in you opinion?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Over a stock odr-1 you can dial the bass back, but with the board from Brian or aion I think that's the superior version

Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

Wow!  Super cool.

This is one of my favorite drive circuits.  It was actually my first build and I misread Aion's document and completely omitted the hard clipping diodes, but I ended up loving it that way.  I think I've built ~6 of these since, all without the hard clippers.  If you get a chance to mod it, I'd recommend checking that out.  This is my main bass drive too, but I jumped the bass pot and added a clean blend set up.  It rips.

Thewintersoldier

That sounds super cool John now I wanna try it on my p-bass. I actually plan on doing a bass drive next so watch out for that!
Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

BigNoise Amplification