News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD - Player strat.

Started by Willybomb, September 17, 2021, 06:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Decided to stop mucking around with cheap second hand guitars and get a quality workhorse. Sold a stack of pedals, pickups, a guitar, and here we are.... Fender Player Strat, plek'd and all....

I'll mod it of course, but it doesn't need that much.  I have a set of Lace Sensors (Red dually, silver, blue), I'll probably get some locking tuners, and I'm definitely going to replace the saddles with solid somethings as I hate the height screws in the bent steel digging into my hand.  The volume knobs on the normal strat is in a stupid place, so I'll do something with that too (I also have a pickguard with no control holes on the way from alibaba)...

But yeah, great guitars.

harryklippton

Nice one. Can't go wrong with a solid strat. I also don't like the knob placement but I got used to it I guess

jimilee

Very nice. I love maple necks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

I ride the volume control like a tilt-a-whirl so I like the stock placement but yeah, I get it. Very cool looking guitar.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

lars

Quote from: jimilee on September 17, 2021, 10:46:27 AM
Very nice. I love maple necks.
I second this 109%. Maple necks are the best. And a quality Strat is the best as well. Put a Dimarzio Air Norton in that bridge position with a 3-way Series-Parallel-single switch and ditch the other positions.
You're welcome.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....