News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PSA - NOS MN3005

Started by madbean, March 07, 2022, 02:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

Quote from: jessenator on March 09, 2022, 07:35:06 PM
If you aren't afraid of pulled specimens and long delivery times, UTsource hasn't done me wrong so far for other things like long-out-of-production Motorola 680x0 PLLs and ancient J-package VRAM chips for vintage Macs :P

Looks like they're going for $20 with quantity of scale getting as low as $17.70
https://www.utsource.net/sch/MN3005.html
It's kind of marketplace-ish, so make sure the seller is actually utsource (just below the package type)

edit: by long shipping times, I mean, typically 7-14 business days. At least my VRAM didn't take longer than that. YMMV.

Well hopefully no one has tried to purchase from Utsource... I was about ready to check out and with Shenzhen on total lock-down, nothing is coming out of there anytime soon. I mean it goes beyond our parts, but still, FYI.

madbean

I was part of a group buy on FSB where we tried to get a sizeable batch of MN3005 from UTSource. I think we got three different batches from them and none were good. However, we also went for some MN3007 and MN3101 and those were all good. I picked up about 25 or so of each. This was around 2010, FWIW.

Final follow-up on the synthCube batch - I went all in on their 25% off and bought 10 more MN3005. I tested all of them and they were all good. Some of them are clear "pulls" from old circuits. So, I've got my final forever batch of MN3005 which will go in my favorite classic delay circuits. Then I'll use the Xvive for everything else :)

Now, if we could just get NE570. Mouser does have current production SA571/2 in surface mount so I may go this route at some point. Not sure how available the CoolAudio through-hole version is at the moment.

jessenator

Quote from: madbean on March 21, 2022, 04:30:40 PM
I was part of a group buy on FSB where we tried to get a sizeable batch of MN3005 from UTSource. I think we got three different batches from them and none were good.

yikes... well crap, IDK if I'm going that route for mine then.

in8241

I've bought xvive 3005's from Retroamplis, they were good, and just bought 2 more. In spain, $20 pounds each and decent shipping, just takes a whlie for to get to north america by snail mail.

https://www.retroamplis.com/epages/62070367.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62070367/Products/IC-MN3005-XV

synthcube

Thanks for the post earlier--- yes we still can find these , although every now and then bad ones do get through, but we stand behind the ones we sell.