News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Small bear retiring

Started by fair.child, September 22, 2021, 12:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: midwayfair on October 01, 2021, 09:24:03 AM
It's funny, we're in the same state, and in a couple dozen orders I've never had to wait more than 5 days from when I place the order to it being on my doorstep.

Maybe you're on someone's shitlist.

It is possible  ;D

I have ordered from Steve about 5 times since I have been building. First order was quick! Every other order had to be followed with at least 1 or 2 emails asking when they will go out the door. And this wasn't like 1, 2, or 3 days after ordering. Usually waited about a week before emailing. Shipment always seemed to follow the emails though so maybe they just got lost in the shuffle. Or, maybe it was just because I wasn't a constant source of ordering?

Aentons

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on October 04, 2021, 04:00:00 AM
Quote from: midwayfair on October 01, 2021, 09:24:03 AM
It's funny, we're in the same state, and in a couple dozen orders I've never had to wait more than 5 days from when I place the order to it being on my doorstep.

Maybe you're on someone's shitlist.

It is possible  ;D

I have ordered from Steve about 5 times since I have been building. First order was quick! Every other order had to be followed with at least 1 or 2 emails asking when they will go out the door. And this wasn't like 1, 2, or 3 days after ordering. Usually waited about a week before emailing. Shipment always seemed to follow the emails though so maybe they just got lost in the shuffle. Or, maybe it was just because I wasn't a constant source of ordering?
It's probably because those chickenhead knobs are in the back of the warehouse on top of the shelf

EBK

Anyone ever get free stuff from Smallbear?

I got this NOS cap bonus bag with my latest order:

This was probably the most I have ever spent there, so I was wondering if this is something they do for large orders, or if it has something to do with reducing inventory to speed up Steve's retirement plans.  They did have an inventory glitch with my order, so maybe they threw this in to make up for not having everything I ordered?  Anyway, it is cool and I'll probably use most of these.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Staub

They announced a couple months ago that they would be including NOS with orders for a limited time. This is from their IG:

QuoteFor a limited time, Bonus Bags! Any orders shipping Priority Mail will receive a random assortment of old stock capacitors. Quantities, types and values not guaranteed but I'm sure you'll find a use for them. Happy building!

Bret608

I've got an order showing up today (not a very high-value one), so I'll report back on the cap inclusion!  ;)

Bret608

Nope! No caps, but it was a pretty small order. That or else he ran out...anyway, I was happy to have a chance to order from Steve one last time. Although of course there will surely be one more order before it's all said and done.

Govmnt_Lacky

No caps for me as well. Although my order was only about $80 or so...

EBK

I have received two more orders after that first one (yes, I have placed five panic orders so far.  ::)).  No more caps.  I think he ran out.

I did get a free bag of a hundred 1.5M resistors though, but that is only because they messed up and sent the wrong item (they told me to keep them for my trouble).
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

fig

I just got a bag o' caps with an order. I believe you have to choose Priority Mail. 

I'm lookin' for this place called Lee Ho Fooks

synthcube

Bringing back this thread- with much gratitude to Steve and Judy we are happy to announce we have acquired Small Bear and the site is up and running for orders again. Our goal is to eventually restock everything that is in the Small Bear catalog, assuming supplies are available. We very much hope to see you back in the shop!!
Monika and Chris (synthCube)

https://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/