News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anybody got a factory Ibanez SD9 schematic?

Started by culturejam, September 26, 2021, 09:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Trying to troubleshoot a non-working SD9 for a buddy. I need a factory schematic because the part numbers matter. This one is MIJ.

All I can find are schematics from GGG and Dirk Hendrik. Anybody got a source or a file they can email me?

Thanks!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Aentons

Quote from: culturejam on September 26, 2021, 09:09:21 PM
Trying to troubleshoot a non-working SD9 for a buddy. I need a factory schematic because the part numbers matter. This one is MIJ.

All I can find are schematics from GGG and Dirk Hendrik. Anybody got a source or a file they can email me?

Thanks!
I know it's been a bit... I wasn't able to find a factory schematic either but (in case you didn't already see it) I will mention that there is troubleshooting info in the GGG build doc that may be helpful
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_isd9_instruct.pdf

Zerro

"Nudíte se? Kupte si našeho cvičeného ježka! Pobaví vás svými veselýmí kousky!"

culturejam

Thanks for the help, fellas. I was trying to get the factory schem so I can verify what certain part number was doing. Can't tell what kind of diode it is just by looking. I guess I need to trace out that section and compare to the Dirk Hendrik schematic.

Zerro

If you build your own SD, try normal si diodes 1N4148 and then some germanium. Suit yourself.

culturejam

Quote from: Zerro on November 01, 2021, 12:28:43 PM
If you build your own SD, try normal si diodes 1N4148 and then some germanium. Suit yourself.

I'm repairing one for a friend. I need to replace a specific diode that is part of the power supply, but I don't think it's a polarity protection diode. Just trying to figure out what kind of diode it is. Could be a garden variety switching diode, but it also might be a zener with a specific zener voltage.

Zerro

In power supply part is only protecting diode 1N4002 - normal for cca 1A or so. In switch circuits are typical 1N.... signal diodes for protecting polarity to J-FET switching transistors. Without problems use 1N4148. There is only one zener diode for 4,7V in branch with LED diode. Current will be here low, max. cca 20mA - according used LED.