News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Looking for eq pedal

Started by redkurn, October 08, 2021, 09:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redkurn

I know I can get a boss ge-7 and pretty much be happy, but I've come to find out they can be very noisy, the mod I found to correct that is for the through hole versions and they now make them smd. I could do the mod with ease, but am only interested in adding a low mid high to my dark terror and since there is no room to mount more knobs for that on the little amp I won't be asking to mod the tone stack.

Apparently if placed in the fx loop the dark terror becomes a whole new beast, I've been eyeing the mxr 6-10 band, boss ge-7, JJ's clover, joyo 10 band (blueish green) and can't pull the trigger on one.

I'd like to find one that doesn't alter tone by being in the chain, very low noise or none at all, not expensive as much as I'd like to get the empress parametric eq.

Any ideas come to mind?

I was hoping Madbean had made a project for one and I could wait for it if it were on the list. I'd just like to find out if I can make this dark terror as nice clean as my bugera v55hd and maybe replace it.

woolie

Aentons

The VFE Rocket EQ is a fantastic parametric EQ.

You can get a diy board here:
https://www.vfepedals.com/product-page/pcbs

Aentons

Any eq you get is going to have noise when you boost rather than cut.

I have an MXR 10 band and it s great. It has a pre and post boost/cut for balancing out the noise

redkurn

Quote from: Aentons on October 08, 2021, 10:23:41 AM

I have an MXR 10 band and it s great. It has a pre and post boost/cut for balancing out the noise

I've watched a video where the ge-7 has a lot of noise boost or cut.
The mxr is in my budget range, maybe I'll try that one since the programmable seems overly complicated for my need.
The 6 band should be good enough to tame the dark terror or should I just get a 10 since it can more finely roll off?

Aentons

Quote from: redkurn on October 08, 2021, 10:58:53 AM
Quote from: Aentons on October 08, 2021, 10:23:41 AM

I've watched a video where the ge-7 has a lot of noise boost or cut.
The mxr is in my budget range, maybe I'll try that one since the programmable seems overly complicated for my need.
The 6 band should be good enough to tame the dark terror or should I just get a 10 since it can more finely roll off?

The 6 band is specifically designed for guitar frequencies. The 10 band covers a larger frequency range so it has those same frequencies, plus two higher, and two lower. It's not that the 10 bands are closer together or anything like that. Plus, the 10 has pre and post controls that the 6 doesnt

redkurn

I'll get the 10 for now, thanks!