News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Prototyping & Testing Rig Kit released

Started by madbean, October 08, 2021, 03:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Happy to announce the release of the testing rig. This is a full kit (assembly required) that you can use for breadboarding circuits, testing builds, debugging, etc. It has a few extra cool features like an audio and ground probe. The first 15 kits are available now and I should have another 15 in a couple of weeks.

Note to international customers: this kit comes in a nice little box, but in some instances I may have to exclude it for international shipping. Once a certain weight in ounces is hit anything over that increases postage by a factor of 2 and it's just not worth it for a box.

Lastly, there are a few Silverfox giveaways left but they may run out by tonight. I'll update the site once I know for sure they are gone.

jimilee

Ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Aentons

harryklippton

Ordered. This will be a big improvement from my janky setup

madbean

Sweet! Glad to see a good response.

- All the Silverfox PCBs are gone as of now..officially. There are still a couple left which will go in the next orders that come in. Just want to be sure everyone knows since last time a customer missed out and thought they were getting one. Store page updated.

benny_profane

Looking forward to the kit! The audio probe is a great addition.

Invertiguy

Nice! Although essentially the same in principle this looks a lot handier than my current setup, might just have to pick one up next paycheck!

As for the Silverfox, are you planning on eventually releasing it as a normal project? I missed out on it this time but I'd definitely pick one up in the future if you do.
Doomsday Devices

Jaga

I'd love to see the same kit with the headphone out since I have limited space and can do things only during night hours.

madbean

Quote from: Jaga on October 18, 2021, 01:38:10 PM
I'd love to see the same kit with the headphone out since I have limited space and can do things only during night hours.

I'll be adding some more "bread buddies" (small utilities for breadboarding) and I can add that to the list. So, you just plug it right into one area of the headboard, connect your fx output and headphones. I'll take a look at how small I can get away with. I could use one for some stereo projects I'm working on anyway!

gordo

A little plug in tone generator would be cool.  Maybe one that puts out pulses for setting up delays.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

beneharris

This is really cool. I've got a sort of prototype rig, but it is that pot swapper, so it is super clunky. Are these coming back into stock soon?

madbean

Quote from: beneharris on November 08, 2021, 02:34:54 PM
This is really cool. I've got a sort of prototype rig, but it is that pot swapper, so it is super clunky. Are these coming back into stock soon?

Yes, in a couple more weeks I will have some more. I'm having to do them in small batches. It takes some time and $$ to get them together.

beneharris

Quote from: madbean on November 08, 2021, 03:27:04 PM
Quote from: beneharris on November 08, 2021, 02:34:54 PM

Yes, in a couple more weeks I will have some more. I'm having to do them in small batches. It takes some time and $$ to get them together.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for them.