News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE Dragon Hound BOM?

Started by brucer, October 09, 2021, 12:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brucer

Hi all.

I picked up a Dragon Hound PCB in the past.  Does anyone have a BOM or schematic for this circuit?  Suppose I can follow the silk screen, but I'd like to cross-check, if possible.

Thanks, Bruce.

Aentons

He sells the diy files now separately from the boards on the vfe site. I did have his older Dropbox links for the docs posted on another thread but they no longer work. I believe there may still be a schematic for it in the photos section of the vfepedals Facebook site.

brucer

Zerro

"Nudíte se? Kupte si našeho cvičeného ježka! Pobaví vás svými veselýmí kousky!"

brucer

Thanks for quick help.  I purchased the download from VFE.  Cool to have that option.  I had no idea.

madbean

Dang I should really offer this one. Now that I look at it I'm digging the idea behind the Dragon Hound.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on October 10, 2021, 07:20:48 AM
Dang I should really offer this one. Now that I look at it I'm digging the idea behind the Dragon Hound.
Ah, no wonder I couldn't find it. Am I looking at a rat type circuit and a modified tube screamer 2 in one?What is a D1M pot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

Quote from: jimilee on October 10, 2021, 12:06:10 PM
Ah, no wonder I couldn't find it. Am I looking at a rat type circuit and a modified tube screamer 2 in one?What is a D1M pot?

Yep, it is the Alpha Dog "Adrive" and Pale Horse 'Pdrive" mixed in parallel with a shared filter control.

I would have loved to have seen a version with a series-parallel switch and the filter control moved to independent trimpots

Zerro

D1M seems to be Exponential characteristic pot?
"Nudíte se? Kupte si našeho cvičeného ježka! Pobaví vás svými veselýmí kousky!"

jimilee

Quote from: Zerro on October 10, 2021, 01:28:23 PM

Where do you get one?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

Quote from: jimilee on October 10, 2021, 01:30:59 PM
Quote from: Zerro on October 10, 2021, 01:28:23 PM

Where do you get one?

https://www.vfepedals.com/product-page/pots

jjjimi84

Yes you should! It is awesome, might I also suggest the yodeler............

and the dirtbaby, bring her back she sounds so good. Especially two stacked in series, its like a choir of angels singing.

benny_profane

What is a D1M pot?

The D-taper is a sharper log taper than an A-taper.

Quote from: Aentons on October 10, 2021, 01:17:42 PM
I would have loved to have seen a version with a series-parallel switch and the filter control moved to independent trimpots

I have an SPS dragon hound in progress right now. I definitely agree that it'd be awesome to have a series/parallel switch.