News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How to test a circuit with 2 footswitches?

Started by Grazza, October 10, 2021, 12:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazza

Hi all, I have just finished soldering the components to the board of my first build and I am ready to test the circuit. However, this board has 2 switches (distortion and boost) so 2 input and 2 output wires. This might be a stupid question, but do I just connect both inputs to each other to the jack and both outputs together with the jack for the purpose of testing?

matmosphere

Take the boost in and the boost out and hold them together with an alligator clip. Do the same for the distortion.  When you unclip them and desperate the wires it will "switch off" the effect.

Grazza

So connect the distortion wires like it is a single effect and just complete the circuit of the boost with an alligator clip, then vise versa to test the boost? Is that what you mean?

matmosphere

No wait, I was really tired I'm not sure I was thinking of this correctly. That is to say I'm pretty sure I wasn't.  Why don't you post a couple pictures or a link to the board or schematic you are using. That would help make things more clear.

Grazza

It's the mad bean krankosaurus, from a very long time ago, version 3.5

Grazza

mauman

Based on the build doc you linked, there are 2 independent circuits on the board.  Test them independently one at a time before you box them up (Dirt in to Dirt out, and Boost in to Boost out.)  The build doc shows how to wire the foot switches when you're ready to box it up.

Grazza