News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Winter Soldier Green Russian Big Muff

Started by Thewintersoldier, October 14, 2021, 08:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I haven't had a straight up big muff in years. Every one that I have built in the past 5 years has been a modded, tweaked version with extra pots and switches. I've had these set knobs for 3 years unused so I made my favorite version of the big muff, green Russian tall font. This is a bone stock version 7c. I ended up using BC549c's in this one. I did the wiring all white just like the sovteks had. I pulled my inspiration for the enclosure from both the original and the reissue nano. Distortion label, just like the original. Winter soldier symbol replaces the original star design and the first 5 five of Bucky's activation words in Russian Cyrillic. This thing sounds the part, into a pushed amp with p90s it's instant Dan Auerbach.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

matmosphere

I saw this earlier on IG, but it has to be said again. That is damn fine work! I'm surprised the knobs don't look too big on that size enclosure.

jimilee

This is my absolute favorite big muff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

zombie_rock123

Those graphics are sharp as! Looks professionally done to me  8)
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

287m

Nice! great job.

Green was my choice of muff variant. Until found and know tri dirty booster. Ah, i need breadboard or build green again, for old sake nostalgic. Thanks for remind me with this build report.

Bret608

Wait, is this actually your first Winter Soldier themed pedal? Love the inclusion of the activation words!

I used to have a green Russian back in the mid-90s, but it wasn't the one with the knobs you used here. Not sure which version really, but it did sound pretty great. I liked boosting it with a TS-9 or MXR!  ;)

G.G.

That really came out great, and the Green Russians are one of the best flavors! Reminds me I have a sparkle version of these knobs I need to actually do something cool with.