News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Secret Invasion Preamp

Started by Thewintersoldier, October 17, 2021, 02:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Heres my Secret Invasion Preamp, the clandestine. Comparing it to my Aion Ares which is a clinchfx ep-pre I much prefer the clandestine. Thanks to @caiofilipini for this one and answering all my questions. According to his original unit the jfet was biased at 12.46v. The silkscreen also called for a 2n5457. I always like to do my due diligence when I get ready to build a pedal and google was my friend as usual. The original jfets used in an echoplex are pretty much unobtanium and the general consensus on the web seems to be the obsolete j202 as the best substitute for all the specs of the original part. Other great subs would be 2n5484 2N5256 2N5952 2N5953 2SK30A-Y 2SK30A-GR. I had a bunch of 2n5484 and 2n5952. Looking at the preamp section of the original schematic, the drain has a voltage of 14,4v and the source has a voltage of 1.1v I started plugging in jfets and testing. Went with a 2n5484 and got the exact voltages. Its subtle, but its definitely making things sound different in n each eq position, in a really good way. I like this one and am going to be spending a lot of time with each eq position on each of my guitars/amps. Tayda uv print on dark matte gray enclosure with simple secret invasion logo from one of my favorite series in comics.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Tremster

Looking good!

PedalPCB's waste of space is a mystery to me, though. A booster with just a handful of parts, and you'd hardly get it in a 1590B enclosure.

Bio77