News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VIIB boss vb-2

Started by Thewintersoldier, October 18, 2021, 05:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Well, it was a shitty weekend and bad weather and all round bad energy from everyone so I spent yesterday building this. I built the byoc version a couple years ago. It's bigger and doesn't have the relay but it uses the original parts and sounds legit. Luckily, this has the relay for momentary on the fly and is in a 125b. @PedalPCB outdid him self on this one. I really like it and don't see myself going back to the bigger byoc version. I wanna spend a little more time dialing in the bias but for by ear only it's sounding super seasick and that's a good thing.
Film free decal on recycled enclosure. Some of the scratches were really deep so this one has some extra character [emoji23] went with the Quake logo as it doubles for a visual representation of the pedal as well as being a badass character. Build it, it's a easy build and a great sounding pedal.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

lrgaraujo

Nice job! It looks awesome!

gordo

Agreed, this is Aion level board stackage and a really great sounding circuit.  The Boss was never on my radar but some very cool (or very weird) sounds can be had from this.

As I understand it Chris the second trimmer sets the range of the rise time or the onset of vibrato.  If I understand the function correctly I've heard Joe Bonamassa use it to play a normal signal and then as it fades it gets a very distinct vibrato.  I think the VFE tremolo has a similar function.  Sounds kind of evil on sustained notes/chords.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?