News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Jimmy Page/42 tones wiring?

Started by redkurn, October 19, 2021, 07:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redkurn

So I've been trying to wrap my head around this diagram for a few days, colorized it so I can follow it a little better, but having a hard time putting it together in my head.

Looking at Seymour Duncan single pickup diagrams the phase appears correct and the series/split/parallel as well, but is it correct with the placement of the ground?
In all of the diagrams SD shows green and bare are together...

Attaching the colorized diagram as well as the link to the original.
https://guitarelectronics.com/2-humbuckers-3-way-toggle-switch-1-volume-1-tone-series-split-parallel-reverse-phase-master-series-parallel/

redkurn

Well I wired it up into my Ibanez RG2EX1 and boy is it a tight fit...
It works, but does anyone know if this is referred to as the Jimmy Page wiring?

I know Guns and Guitars on youtube may have used this diagram in one of his videos (42 tones one guitar), but as far as I know never got around to the wiring video.
I haven't tried counting the possible configurations of the switches and pup selector, this took up a few hours that would have been boredom and I will save counting tones for another day. XD

Aentons

The Jimmy Page wiring usually has 2 volume and 2 tone controls, each with a push pull dpdt switch.

redkurn

Right, but same idea here though right?
Because I'm not sure how to describe it to my friend, but he thought it was pretty awesome.