News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD - Player Strat.

Started by Willybomb, October 20, 2021, 09:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

After wanting a proper Fender since I started playing guitar in 1987, I finally decided that the Player Strats was the go.

I was really surprised how good it was - I'd read all the reviews and posts - but it exceeded my expectations.  I'd actually prepurchased a lot of the mods I had planned, but once I used it at praco, I was kinda on the fence about it.  The pickups are great, the tuners kept tune, but I still hated the grub screws sticking out of the bent steel saddles.  Apparently you can get shorter screws but the future is now, old man....  Bent steel.... bloody hell Fender, get out of your 1950's nostalgic boomer attitude.

ANYWAY.  I purchased this (pleked and set up by the shop before sending it out) and started modding...

Gotoh solid steel saddles, Fender locking tuners, Lace Sensors (Red Dually, Silver, Blue), Dimarzio lock strap...

The stupid thing is Fender released the Player Plus series about 2 days after I paid for this.  If they'd done those in straight black I'd be miffed as they have a better fitout imo (locking tuners as stock, 10-14inch compound neck), but also would have cost another $600.

This thing was good, but it's a beast now...

madbean

This is a guitar after my heart. My first and only real Strat was Lace Sensors (I've had Gold and RGB) and the modern two point bridge with those type saddles. It's still what I like today even after trying Suhr pups and Gotoh bridges, etc. It's just got a vibe that I love. Those types of saddles not as bright as the bent ones and they just "round over" the string sound and feel a lot, IMO.

Congrats on the guitar!

jimilee

Nice, congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.