News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ManOWar Enclosure

Started by in8241, October 20, 2021, 09:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

in8241

Hi, I ordered a ManOWar pcb,  the build document says it can use a 125B or a 1590BB. Is the drill template is for a 1590BB? Also will xvive 3005 ic's work with this circuit?

redkurn

the build docs have everything you need, the template should be labeled, but if it isn't then assume the smaller box and the larger.
As for the IC, check the datasheet for both, if they are really close together it should be fine.

madbean

Quote from: in8241 on October 20, 2021, 09:55:35 PM
Hi, I ordered a ManOWar pcb,  the build document says it can use a 125B or a 1590BB. Is the drill template is for a 1590BB? Also will xvive 3005 ic's work with this circuit?

It actually says 1590BB or 125BB, not 125B. 125BB is the same footprint as the 1590BB but wiht the extra height of the 125B. Sorry, that should have been made more clear. The build pic I show at the end of the doc was 125BB because my prototype board was slightly bigger than the final production board and I needed more space for the jacks. Looking at the drill doc now, I think I could tweak it a little. I suggest moving the two 3PDTs slight closer to the middle so the jacks have a little more space. I think it would be a good idea.

The XVive will work and that is what I used.

in8241

Thank you for the replies. Looking forward to this build!

half_smith

I believe I followed the Doc accurately, and I could not fit into a 1590BB (hammond), the DC Jack was right on top of D1 and C23.
The pic in the "build doc" it's an early rev. without those components in that location.

maybe if you have an outy jack, or you have a really small 1uf cap (or bend it over somehow) it can work, but I started over with a bigger enclosure.