News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kompromat compressor

Started by Thewintersoldier, October 24, 2021, 03:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

It's a fantastic sounding compressor that has a  really good clean blend. Can go from mild to full on squash. I don't have anymore ca3080s so I went with the 13700. Went with thunderbolt Ross/red hulk for the graphic. A great comp if your looking for a Dyna comp style compressor with more options. Film free decal on red tayda enclosure.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

madbean

Looks great! Glad you like it.

jjjimi84

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: madbean on October 24, 2021, 04:11:50 PM
Having recently built a walrus deep six compressor I really dislike the lack of headroom hence why I added the road rage charge pump. Most of all it pumps really hard on high compression settings. I LOVE that you did it the barber way so that it doesn't pump like that. I remember reading that he said he inverted it differently or something like that to retain a more natural attack on higher settings. Also the clip knob means I don't need to use a charge pump. Great job Brian, my search is over for ota comps!
Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on October 24, 2021, 06:45:24 PM
Having recently built a walrus deep six compressor I really dislike the lack of headroom hence why I added the road rage charge pump. Most of all it pumps really hard on high compression settings. I LOVE that you did it the barber way so that it doesn't pump like that. I remember reading that he said he inverted it differently or something like that to retain a more natural attack on higher settings. Also the clip knob means I don't need to use a charge pump. Great job Brian, my search is over for ota comps!
Awesome! So this one is better in your books than the Walrus on 18V? Just checking to get the lowdown on OTA Ross style comps from the man who hads built 'em all...
BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: cooder on October 24, 2021, 09:05:53 PM
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on October 24, 2021, 06:45:24 PM
Awesome! So this one is better in your books than the Walrus on 18V? Just checking to get the lowdown on OTA Ross style comps from the man who hads built 'em all...
Between the two builds Stephan, this is the one that you want to build. The walrus is good, this is great. Brian really brought his A game and has been killing it this round, can't wait to see what he cooks up next.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

madbean

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on October 25, 2021, 02:33:45 AM
Brian really brought his A game and has been killing it this round, can't wait to see what he cooks up next.

(shhh. the check is in the mail)

Thewintersoldier

Who the hell is Bucky?

gordo

Very nice build and I agree with your take on the circuit.  I had it out this weekend and it gets a new spot on my board.  I may use it AND the Bajaman LA2A etch.  They're different enough that I have a need for both.  By FAR my fave OTA.  I had an old 3080 kicking around and used it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?