News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I wish there was another way to say it but... I'm looking for a really big knob

Started by Guybrush, October 25, 2021, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleph Null

Maybe a knob for a Weber grill could be conscripted into service? You'd probably have to make a grub screw or use some epoxy to make tines for a knurled shaft.

madbean

I have both of these knobs which are pretty large. To illustrate, I have include a banana for scale. Note, the banana is not included. His name is Butch. Butch the Banana. We have many fun adventures hiking through the mountains on weekends. However, he does not like mountain gorillas.

alanp

Does Butch enjoy playing My Friend Pedro?

OP, perhaps repurposing a not-knob with a bit of work might be cool?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

davent

Ohmite makes some knobs in the size range you're looking for but they are crazy expensive and i haven't found anyone with stock, just 10 piece minimum orders to get them stocked. Maybe someones doing knock-offs of those.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Guybrush

Quote from: davent on October 27, 2021, 08:41:18 AM
Ohmite makes some knobs in the size range you're looking for but they are crazy expensive and i haven't found anyone with stock, just 10 piece minimum orders to get them stocked. Maybe someones doing knock-offs of those.

Wow, you aren't kidding! They must be made out of solid gold.

Quote from: madbean on October 26, 2021, 04:11:39 PM
I have both of these knobs which are pretty large. To illustrate, I have include a banana for scale. Note, the banana is not included. His name is Butch. Butch the Banana. We have many fun adventures hiking through the mountains on weekends. However, he does not like mountain gorillas.

They're big but they won't satisfy me I'm afraid. Appreciate the effort though of course. Thanks!

madbean

Quote from: Guybrush on October 28, 2021, 02:11:19 PM

They're big but they won't satisfy me I'm afraid. Appreciate the effort though of course. Thanks!

Butch gave this a thumbs down.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on October 28, 2021, 02:31:05 PM
Quote from: Guybrush on October 28, 2021, 02:11:19 PM

Butch gave this a thumbs down.
That's a signature right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

dawson

Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

If people are gonna post a pic of your knob in your hand, this thread needs to be marked NSFW.

EDIT: Brian are you just going to allow this kind of content here? tsk tsk.

jimilee

Quote from: midwayfair on November 07, 2021, 08:04:04 AM
If people are gonna post a pic of your knob in your hand, this thread needs to be marked NSFW.

EDIT: Brian are you just going to allow this kind of content here? tsk tsk.

LFlab

Might also want to visit a HAM flea market, lots of cool old shit (old panel meters :)
The analog studio in the city where I live has a room full of 50's-60's measurement equipment which was used in early electronic music, that type of equipment often has ginormous knops (since the equipment itself is large).
https://www.willem-twee.nl/agenda/studios