News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I wish there was another way to say it but... I'm looking for a really big knob

Started by Guybrush, October 25, 2021, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I might find a knob that has a diameter of between 7cm and 8.5cm? If you work in inches that's 2.75" and 3.35".

I won't be picky about its appearance but ideally just something simple like a large version of a Boss style knob. The largest I can find is about 4.5cm.

Thanks as always!

madbean

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Betty Wont

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Bio77

LMS has them up to 4.5 cm.  If you know someone with machining tools, it would be an easy thing to make a knurled aluminum one on a lathe. Or maybe 3D print one.

fig

I'm lookin' for this place called Lee Ho Fooks

davent

Quote from: EBK on October 25, 2021, 12:31:44 PM
Maybe an appliance control knob could work?  Stove/washer/drier

I've worked the other way putting pedal/electronics knobs on the stove, room light rheostat.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

pickdropper

Quote from: davent on October 25, 2021, 05:29:10 PM

I've worked the other way putting pedal/electronics knobs on the stove, room light rheostat.

Same here.  I once put a momentary footswitch on a clothes dryer.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

madbean

Quote from: pickdropper on October 25, 2021, 08:07:42 PM

Must suck to keep pushing it for an hour just to get dry clothes.

pickdropper

Quote from: madbean on October 26, 2021, 02:59:36 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on October 25, 2021, 08:07:42 PM

Must suck to keep pushing it for an hour just to get dry clothes.

It kicked off the start relay.  It was a surprisingly enjoyable experience even though it was a bit awkward actuating it with my foot so high in the air.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

davent

With my stove at least the control's shafts are a very odd shape, not round, flat on two side with a groove on one side, knob hole shaped to match and just slip on.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

yochillman

This is and will be the funniest thing I'll read all day. God I'm bored... XD