News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dragonbeard (Expandora)

Started by Bio77, November 01, 2021, 12:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

I've been having bad luck (forgetting parts) with builds recently.  So, I'm pretty pumped to have finally finished this one ;D  Enclosere is no-film decal on a polished aluminum. 

benny_profane

Wow! That looks fantastic! Great work. What're your thoughts on the circuit?

harryklippton

That looks awesome. I like the mirror finish and the 2 color no film!

Invertiguy

Fantastic work man, that thing looks sick! I really love all of your colored graphics on mirrored enclosures, one of these days I've gotta get a laser printer so I can give it a try myself!
Doomsday Devices

Thewintersoldier

John putting us all to shame again with a stunning build report, we're not worthy!
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bret608

Aw man! That enclosure is so shiny I can see your hand and phone reflected in it! Looks like a fun circuit too.

Bio77

Thanks guys!

Quote from: benny_profane on November 01, 2021, 01:54:30 AM
What're your thoughts on the circuit?
The forbidden mode sounds like what I expected from two Rat circuits, but the rest of the settings are surprisingly more mellow and useable. 

JackSkellington

How did you polish the enclosure? I use sand paper until 1000, then an abrasive paste, but I can't get that result.
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

Bio77

Quote from: JackSkellington on November 02, 2021, 09:37:28 AM
How did you polish the enclosure? I use sand paper until 1000, then an abrasive paste, but I can't get that result.
I do sanding 80, 120, 220 with an orbital, then 400, 1000, 2000, 3000 by hand.  Then use buffing wheels that fit in my drill press with a few different polishing bars (emory and red rouge).  It sounds like a lot but I can usually have it done in about an hour. Tayda had polished enclosures for ~$7 for awhile, which was a steel, but no longer.