News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EHX Silencer project

Started by redkurn, November 16, 2021, 11:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redkurn

Quote from: jimilee on November 20, 2021, 06:06:39 AM
This is a badass gate. The way you can put it in the loop but also front of amp is genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, it's pretty cool they have a fx loop also.
I need some more 90 degree cables or to chop a patch cable and tie into one of the cheap cables I have so I can use it with my crybaby instead of the box I built, but I can see using it for a lot of things other than just a gate.

madbean

I drew this up a few weeks ago. It's a noise gate along the lines of the Zuul, but not a clone. It does have an "input key" jack similar to the Zuul, which is the best part about that. The rest of it is adapted from the THAT app notes.

It's only in the early stages though. I was planning on breadboaring it but I need to make an adapter board for one component.

oeslicoalfin

jimilee

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

redkurn

Quote from: madbean on November 20, 2021, 05:00:47 PM
I drew this up a few weeks ago. It's a noise gate along the lines of the Zuul, but not a clone. It does have an "input key" jack similar to the Zuul, which is the best part about that. The rest of it is adapted from the THAT app notes.

It's only in the early stages though. I was planning on breadboaring it but I need to make an adapter board for one component.

Awesome can't wait to try it.

alanp

What's the SMD chip underneath IC2?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

madbean

Quote from: alanp on November 20, 2021, 10:41:51 PM
What's the SMD chip underneath IC2?

It's a THAT4305. So the idea is if you are comfortable soldering such a small smd chip you can do that. Or, I might offer a few pre-soldered chips on an adaptor board. Not hard for me to do on a panel with a stencil. You just add solder paste and use a heat gun and you can solder a bunch quick and clean.