News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another Uproar

Started by vinnie, June 24, 2011, 09:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinnie

Hi!

I've just finished my uproar, nice meaty distortion.

Here are the mods I performed:

R10 --> 470R
C8 --> 22n
C9 --> 10n
C10 --> 6n8
CP --> 1uF
GAIN --> 500KA
D1 & D4 --> BAT41
D2 & D3 -->  ma856
D5 --> Jumper
D6 -->  RED 3mm
D7 -->  RED 3mm
D8 --> remove
D9 --> remove

The combination between the BAT41 and ma856 diodes is KILLER! worth a try!

Moving fast  to my next Madbean project

ENJOY!! :D

nzCdog

Wahey... nice work Vinnie!  Cool to fit them in 1590Bs too man, bet they sound killer 8)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Those both look freakin awesome! But the uproar really catches my eye with those pink knobs/led. It looks very clean inside, you did a great job.  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

thetrend77

PLEEEEASSSEE tell me where you got those knobs on the last picture!!! I've been looking for them forever! I found them at Banzai music only, but I don't want to spend 10 bucks for a couple knobs (with international shipping and whatnot).

k.rock!

Man! these look great!! I love them both! Super cool job dude...very very nice... ;D

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

nzCdog

I must ask, what effect did changing r10 in the Uproar have?
Be cool to hear a demo if you have time :)

vinnie

Thanks a lot for the praises, them are not deserved really,  specially my hability as photographer, the led and knobs are red and in the pictures appear as pink (seems a hair metal stompbox  :P ), anyway thanks a lot from the heart  :D.

Quote from: nzCdog on June 25, 2011, 10:14:43 PM
I must ask, what effect did changing r10 in the Uproar have?
Be cool to hear a demo if you have time :)

It reduces the volume a bit, at first time with the stock 100R the volume pot was about 9 o clock to get the same volume as with the effect bypassed, with 470r now is obout 12 oclock.

I am not totally satisfied with all the mods, I plan to come back to 100KB gain pot, 4.7n for C10 and socket C8 to try different values, I'll post my results.

Cheers!!

metfreak

OK, I'll post my question here.

I'm buliding Uproar and I have 1MB pot left and I'm thinking using it for gain, since it effects the amount of gain would that be too much or OK?

Thanks!

mjcyates

QuotePLEEEEASSSEE tell me where you got those knobs on the last picture!!! I've been looking for them forever! I found them at Banzai music only, but I don't want to spend 10 bucks for a couple knobs (with international shipping and whatnot).

I too would like to know your source for the knobs.

Bret608

You know, I thought the knobs and LED really were pink, and I actually like that color scheme a lot! I'm sure the red looks awesome in person.

Is that footswitch PCB from Smallbear? I used one from Mammoth before that had a different layout topology...the one you used here seems like it could save room in a tight enclosure.