News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cosmo-skreddy screwdriver

Started by Thewintersoldier, November 17, 2021, 03:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Here is a really good one. Looking for a fuzz? Overdrive? Everything in between? This is it. A MOSFET treble booster into a si/GE fuzz face with no temperature instability and no impedance issues. This thing can scream, wail, moan and sing. It don't care about buffers or placement. The presence and tightness are great tone sculpting tool to work with any guitar/amp combo.
I really like this and wish I would have played one years ago. Matte white enclosure with no film decal. Cosmo the space dog from gotg for artwork. I really like this graphic of him versus the more cartoony images that are normally used. Build one, its out of this world lol. Another fantastic board from Brian.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Hey hey, that looks very sharp. Your description is very enticing.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Great build as always!  I'm still putting the final touches on the Dizzy you turned me on to.  You're giving me the FOMO on this one too  ;D

jjjimi84

Looks great! Putting it on the list

benny_profane

Nice one! I've got one in the queue. Were you trying to write a more effusive praise for a circuit than my flintlock write-up?

Thewintersoldier

Thanks guys it's a good sounding circuit and I'm glad Brian did the board for it or I might not have tried it.
Quote from: benny_profane on November 17, 2021, 08:14:09 PM
Nice one! I've got one in the queue. Were you trying to write a more effusive praise for a circuit than my flintlock write-up?
In all honesty I wanna know more than just someone built something. Often times people just show pictures and are like I did this, makes sound. I wanna know a reason why I should build so mething, what's cool about it. I think people should give relatable experience when it comes to a build.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bret608

Looks awesome and great description! Loving the black glass, OC-type transistor as well.  8)  I've got one of these on the etched boards Haberdasher sells; I think it was like the third pedal I built, back in 2012 or so. I initially had a low-gain, low leakage 2n1304 in it. I swapped that out for a leaky, slightly higher-gain AC176 later. Honestly it was great either way and still is a firm favorite.

benny_profane

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on November 18, 2021, 04:56:04 AM
In all honesty I wanna know more than just someone built something. Often times people just show pictures and are like I did this, makes sound. I wanna know a reason why I should build so mething, what's cool about it. I think people should give relatable experience when it comes to a build.
Oh I agree completely. Thorough build reports are also one of the only ways to get an honest review of a circuit it seems (compared to other product reviews which are basically a commercial). I was just kidding. Glad to see people get genuinely excited about a build! 

gordo

My build doesn't have the sexy black glass but agree...this thing is very versatile.  It's the next one getting boxed up.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: benny_profane on November 18, 2021, 06:56:53 AM
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on November 18, 2021, 04:56:04 AM
Oh I agree completely. Thorough build reports are also one of the only ways to get an honest review of a circuit it seems (compared to other product reviews which are basically a commercial). I was just kidding. Glad to see people get genuinely excited about a build! 
Thank you! I appreciate people who also put in the time and effort to do a detailed build report or a video. I try to let people know what a project is like, especially the stuff from PedalPcb with no real build docs or non descript website lol
Quote from: gordo on November 18, 2021, 07:22:42 AM
My build doesn't have the sexy black glass but agree...this thing is very versatile.  It's the next one getting boxed up.
Sexy black glass...lol coffee, transistors and mistresses all tall, dark , sexy and too hot to handle
Who the hell is Bucky?

pickdropper

I've always dug that circuit.  Very nice build, too.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

madbean

Quote from: pickdropper on November 18, 2021, 06:11:42 PM

I'm still rocking the faceplate you made for me several years ago. Although this newest iteration added relay bypass!

287m

nice build.

Was my swiss army pedal. Actually, 3 Skreddy circuit can build with one board. Used to call lunar screw hybrid.  8)

gordo

I dropped it into a multi with the Kompromat, and the Silver Fox.  Takes up way too much space on my board but hoping this could displace a few other pedals.

Off topic but I still think the Bajaman LA2A is one of the finest of the compressors out there.  Kind of a compressor for people that hate compressors.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

pickdropper

Quote from: madbean on November 18, 2021, 06:27:03 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on November 18, 2021, 06:11:42 PM

I'm still rocking the faceplate you made for me several years ago. Although this newest iteration added relay bypass!

That was one of my early ones.  Cool that you've still got it.  I've got a build with that kicking around here as well.  It might be time to break that out (maybe add relay bypass to it).
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper