News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Have you guys seen cartridge pedals yet?

Started by jimilee, November 20, 2021, 02:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

redkurn

Quote from: jimilee on November 20, 2021, 02:25:59 PM
This is pretty neat.
That's pretty cool, do you have to blow in them before they work though? XD

Hot swapping could be fun there.

alanp

What about the old trick of veeery slightly tilting the cartridge while the system is running?

(You got all kindsa weird glitches, then!)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Aentons

I think the idea is great. I'd been hoping to see someone do something like this ever since the Devi Ever cartridge thingy that never made it out.

There are however, a couple of questionable choices in this implementation. The width and number of connectors seems fairly excessive. Also, with the cartridge standing up at a 90 degree angle, and so close to the foot switch, those knobs are like to go pretty quickly. I notice the demo he is using his hands to switch rather than his foot

Betty Wont

I still have a Devi Ever Console development kit that I should dig out and dust off. From what I recall, the circuits were much noisier in the cartridge format.

Aentons

Quote from: Betty Wont on November 21, 2021, 08:43:16 AM
I still have a Devi Ever Console development kit that I should dig out and dust off. From what I recall, the circuits were much noisier in the cartridge format.
The Console is really what led me to look at eurorack as a pedal format. I'd of loved to had a Console 3 with a few cartridges. It was an awesome idea

culturejam

Quote from: Betty Wont on November 21, 2021, 08:43:16 AM

I was about to mention the Console. That was one of those "great idea, no follow-through" projects that really could have been awesome.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Willybomb

Didn't someone years ago have a pedal format where you could drop blocks into a multieffect hub?  Might have even been someone like Mooer or Nux.

jimilee

Quote from: Willybomb on November 24, 2021, 09:11:28 PM
Didn't someone years ago have a pedal format where you could drop blocks into a multieffect hub?  Might have even been someone like Mooer or Nux.
I think Devi Ever did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Willybomb

Nah, it wasn't the Devi Ever thing - I saw the original kickstarter/fundraiser for that.  It was a commercial operation, but I don't think it ever took off properly.  Size and stylistically it looked a lot like the Mooer Red Truck, and there were 5 and 7 effect module bases.

Willybomb

jimilee

Cool. I guess, long term, it's a novel idea, but not as cost effective as a multi effects pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aentons

Quote from: Willybomb on November 25, 2021, 01:49:32 PM
FOUND IT!!! It was the Biyang Livemaster series....

https://www.guitarworld.com/gear/gear-review-biyang-livemaster
I remember seeing this and promptly disregarding it because it still required programming the foot switches. I think it was a bad implementation.