News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My foray into eagle and the results.

Started by jimilee, November 21, 2021, 07:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I learned to etch circuits, and then lay them out in DIYLC, so the next natural progression is Eagle. After several trashed boards, I got the hang of it. Now, after I layout a project and check it, I will check it again on another day. This seems to help.

This first one is like the Paisley Drive, basically a tube screamer. I call it the Groovy Drive.

This next one is like The Wampler Euphoria

The next one works like the Plimsoul. It will oscillate if you turn everything up all the way, but other than that, it sounds great.

Finally, the TV-14, which works like the JHS PG14 drive. The knobs are really interactive. It sounded terrible until I grabbed a guitar with high output Duncan's, then it came to life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

Really cool. Nice work jimilee. I was working on learning kicad in the spring but I haven't touched it since my kid was born

dan.schumaker

You are down the rabbit hole now... they all look awesome.

Where is a phaser?

matmosphere

Very cool man!! Congrats they look fantastic.

madbean

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on November 22, 2021, 07:05:56 AM
Super work. Keep it up!
Thank you. I have four or five more coming, and I'm working on the third batch now. JLCPCB is really cool. Wampler has some really cool circuit breakdown videos, so, not exact clones is my next venture.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Looks great man, that Wampler Esctasy is a killer pedal.

Drew Hallenbeck

Looks like your "foray into" was all about jumping in with both feet!
I finally decided to jump in using KiCad a while ago. It's definitely satisfying to get your boards in and turn out working pedals!
Your layouts look pretty great, keep up the good work!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on November 22, 2021, 07:44:04 AM
Looks great man, that Wampler Esctasy is a killer pedal.
It really is. It sounds better with my Les Paul with Pearly Gates than my Seymour Duncans. I never knew drive pedals could be so temperamental.

jimilee

Quote from: Drew Hallenbeck on November 22, 2021, 08:28:07 AM
Looks like your "foray into" was all about jumping in with both feet!
I finally decided to jump in using KiCad a while ago. It's definitely satisfying to get your boards in and turn out working pedals!
Your layouts look pretty great, keep up the good work!
Thank you.

287m

Great Work! Nice!

Love your euphoria layout.

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Bio77

jkokura

Fantastic Jimi! I never did learn to Etch. I moved on from single sided boards to the manufactured boards about the same time Brian did, so it's amazing you were still using that old school method for so long! Welcome to the next level friend.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

NorthCoast

Very nice!

And bonus points for the resistor teepee!  :D ;D

"People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand..." - Claude Monet