News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger Two - NSL32 options

Started by bassybeats, December 11, 2021, 03:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassybeats

Hey Team, so I finally have the parts to finish my Harbinger Two board I got a while ago except the NSL-32's. They aren't overly common to come by in New Zealand and anywhere that does do them have minimum spends or huge shipping costs.

Is there anything else I can use/make ( even temporary ) to get the unit up and working until I can find some. I've heard you can use an LED + LDR in a pinch but no idea where to start with that.

Cheers

Zerro

Hi, Bassybeats, it's only about current going thru Lamp or LED if engagedn instead this lamp. If you have 15V power and LED asks 20mA, to shine fully, you will put serially LED and resistor R=U/I. This will give 750 Ohms. So, here use 680Ohm and together with pot GAIN and R53 set at 82 Ohm, it will give this current. Maybe I should raise Gain pot. It is important, that when pot Gain is at minimum, R53 and LED resistor will give 750 Ohms for this setting. If you will use 4 LEDs in paralell setting, one for every LDR, current will raise at 80mA, so you will have final resistance not 750 ohms, but 750/4. So I would use here resistor 180 Ohms. But for 2W.
"Nudíte se? Kupte si našeho cvičeného ježka! Pobaví vás svými veselýmí kousky!"