News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ZIIDOO 2.4GHZ Wireless Guitar System

Started by redkurn, November 27, 2021, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redkurn

Already started modding these cheap guitar wireless transmitter and receiver.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08F7XB3QN

Tacked on an antenna extension and wow, no more dropping out.
Made it 1 1/2 inches long and didn't include the length I soldered after scraping the trace a little.

So what I am wondering is what should I look for to brighten it up a bit, it's very dark sounding and affects tone worse than a crybaby. XD

I'm thinking it's probably a capacitor.

jimilee

Can you put a buffer in that thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

redkurn

Quote from: jimilee on November 27, 2021, 02:33:52 PM
Can you put a buffer in that thing?

It has some room, but I guess it would depend on what kind.

I imagine it's resistor and capacitor changing the tone and making it dark, was kind of hoping it would be an easy mod since it's SMD, but if a buffer can take some of the dark out of it I'm down to try it. XD

jimilee

I've found that, with wireless systems, the signal can get compressed and dark. I tried a bunch of different wireless systems before I settled on one. It was before we had GC in my city. I had to drive to another city 100 miles away each time, but I was determined.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

redkurn

Quote from: jimilee on November 29, 2021, 03:37:06 PM
I've found that, with wireless systems, the signal can get compressed and dark. I tried a bunch of different wireless systems before I settled on one. It was before we had GC in my city. I had to drive to another city 100 miles away each time, but I was determined.

Which did you stick with?

jimilee

redkurn

jimilee

Quote from: redkurn on December 02, 2021, 05:12:37 AM
no interference or tone change?
Nope, that's exactly what I was searching for when I kept returning them and getting new ones. I kept getting drops when I would walk around off the stage. This fixed it. It fit nicely in my pedal board.