News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Laser engraver for rack panel

Started by fair.child, December 12, 2021, 08:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fair.child

As the title said, I need recommendation for laser engraver or etcher or any kind of method to label rack panel. Please educate or enlighten me with your insight.

I did with water slide but I don't like how it looks. It doesn't look solid or professional. Most of rack front plate color is black and really hard to print white on white for water slide. I'm exploring my journey and planning to purchase an etcher, perhaps spend around $500 for the right tool but we will see

Bio77

Not an engraver but I've been planning to get into PCB faceplates for awhile.  When you mentioned white on black it made me think of this.  This video is painfully long but it gets the idea across.

imjonwain

Do you want to own a laser or are you okay paying for a service?  Ponoko is a pretty reasonably priced laser cutting service with a web interface.  I've got a few parts on order with them right now as a trial.  Very reasonably priced laser cutting and etching for one offs and at 10+ qty prices get pretty good.  They do various metals and plastics from .5 - 6mm thick.
"I'm not sure what "serious design flaws" you see. Does it explode or poison your dog?" - PRR