News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Combining projects to one box

Started by redkurn, December 17, 2021, 11:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redkurn

I've been thinking about this for a while, but I am wondering if it would be fine to daisy chain internally or best to build a isolated power strip into the box so all effects get the full 9v and 100mA available and how to do this with a 9v input.

As for combining the effects I was thinking of doing it the simple way, solder output to input between them and basically treat it as individual pedals.

Kind of like this pedal, youtube must be able to read minds since it recommended this video while I was thinking about it.
https://www.amazon.com/MMulti-effect-Guitar-Modulation-Distortion-Overspeed/dp/B092ZT5MP7

Aleph Null

It depends a lot on the circuits in question. Gain pedals are unlikely to present any problems. Anything with an oscillator, a clock, or a digital chip might cause problems. Those are in order of increasing likelihood, in my experience. Most DIY circuits don't draw more than a few mA, so that probably won't be an issue either. 

jimilee

Well, you would run the output from the from stomp to the input of the second stomp. If you run out of the first PCB into the I. Of the second PCB, you wouldn't be able to use two stomps, but would still be very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

redkurn

Quote from: jimilee on December 17, 2021, 02:12:32 PM
Well, you would run the output from the from stomp to the input of the second stomp. If you run out of the first PCB into the I. Of the second PCB, you wouldn't be able to use two stomps, but would still be very cool.

I didn't think about wording it properly, i was thinking of desoldering the jacks and tacking those together.
I think that's the same as you are saying though.

jimilee

I've been thinking about getting some switching jacks so I could run them separately or in series if I wanted.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

redkurn

Quote from: jimilee on December 17, 2021, 05:06:49 PM
I've been thinking about getting some switching jacks so I could run them separately or in series if I wanted.

Sounds like a plan, not sure how that would go.
When I google switching jacks I see things like TRS up to 4 pole.

jimilee

Quote from: redkurn on December 17, 2021, 06:14:25 PM
Quote from: jimilee on December 17, 2021, 05:06:49 PM

Sounds like a plan, not sure how that would go.
When I google switching jacks I see things like TRS up to 4 pole.
Right. When the out of the first effect isn't plugged in, it will route to the out of the in of the second effect, in theory, anyway. I would have to research it a little more.

redkurn

Quote from: jimilee on December 17, 2021, 06:25:10 PM
Right. When the out of the first effect isn't plugged in, it will route to the out of the in of the second effect, in theory, anyway. I would have to research it a little more.

Switch seems easier to me, unless you are thinking a base that effects slide into and using the plug and jack system like some of these pick ups use for quick disconnect.

jimilee

Quote from: redkurn on December 18, 2021, 04:20:43 PM
Quote from: jimilee on December 17, 2021, 06:25:10 PM

Switch seems easier to me, unless you are thinking a base that effects slide into and using the plug and jack system like some of these pick ups use for quick disconnect.
Oh sure it's easier, but this is DIY. Think Wampler pedals they way Brian has his set up to do independent in and outs or one in and one out.