News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

greetings from woodstock NY

Started by woodstock_stomp_box, December 21, 2021, 08:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodstock_stomp_box

Hi everyone,
I'm James - new to the forum. I started making pedals a few months ago after having slowly built up a small home lab over two years of tinkering with microcontrollers and some other small projects. Initially started as a gift idea for a couple guitarists i know in my life, but got bit by the pedal bug pretty fast, and it motivated me to start learning guitar again after a 10 year break lol. excited to get to know/learn from others

Also - anyone else on here in the ulster county/hudson valley NY area? would be stoked to find someone local into this stuff :)

jimilee

Hi James, welcome to our little corner on teh interwebz. My name is jimilee and I'm a pedalholic. I've been building for 10 years and I can stop any time I want.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

woodstock_stomp_box

Quote from: jimilee on December 21, 2021, 08:53:45 PM
Hi James, welcome to our little corner on teh interwebz. My name is jimilee and I'm a pedalholic. I've been building for 10 years and I can stop any time I want.....

Thanks! 10 years, sounds like a lot of pedals... can you pick a favorite?

matmosphere

Welcome James.

Built to many to pick a favorite. I really enjoy the ROG Trivibe, the Parasit Studio Arcadiator, and Madbean's Moar. Pretty much everything on Escobedo's Circuit Snippets is cool and inspiring. Way to many good circuits to name them all.

Happy soldering!

jimilee

Quote from: woodstock_stomp_box on December 21, 2021, 09:41:52 PM
Quote from: jimilee on December 21, 2021, 08:53:45 PM

Thanks! 10 years, sounds like a lot of pedals... can you pick a favorite?
I'm a phaser whore, probably the lovetone Doppelganger Lace sensor put out, would be my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

playpunk

I'm out in the western end of the state - but I drive through that region a few times a year on the way to the ADK's. Welcome to the forum!
"my legend grows" - playpunk