News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NLGD

Started by EBK, December 25, 2021, 01:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

You're never too old for Lego.

Came with a Princeton Reverb amp, which I haven't assembled yet.

Here's my old strat for scale:
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jimilee

Nice, my 14 year old daughter and I love Lego.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

That's too funny....! Please post a photo of the amp then as well! Brilliant!
BigNoise Amplification

pickdropper

That's super cool, but it's going to be a pain to dial in the intonation.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

EBK

Progress pic.

The level of detail in this kit is astounding.  I just finished the chassis. 

I removed a piece of the reverb tank cover so you can see there really is a spring in there.  There are power and output transformers just out of sight behind the three large tubes.  Also not visible, that baffle actually has a circular cutout for the speaker.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

EBK

So many details are now hidden, but I know they are in there.

jimilee

That's crazy awesome man!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Oh that's just STOOPID!!  I love it!  Lego is going glass (tubes) now?  If the damn thing worked I'd pee my pants...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

That is too cool for skool!!! Did you check voltages before firing up?  ;)
BigNoise Amplification

alanp

... can we have some close up shots of those "valves"? And the transformers?

I'm impressed as hell with Lego. My brother finally (a few decades later) bought me a new Lego Castle set to replace the one I had as a kid that he lost half the pieces for.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

EBK

Quote from: alanp on December 26, 2021, 05:28:15 PM
... can we have some close up shots of those "valves"? And the transformers?
Sure!

Here's a shot from underneath:

And, here is a closeup of the two types of larger tubes:

I removed some of the tubes to give a better view of the transformers:

There's actually three transformers.  I didn't capture the smallest very well in my pics, so here is the illustration in the instructions:

EBK

I also want to show this detail, entirely hidden as soon as the control panel is attached:

Those gray humps are the potentiometer bodies.

alanp

One of the lego designers has to be a serious guitar DIY geek, no other explanation :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

One of the tubes is red plating, maybe the screen resistor is gone....? Maybe bad tube?  ;)

Just kiddin' super stuff and yes one of the designers must be a vintage amp and guitar nerd. 10 outta 10.
BigNoise Amplification

EBK

My son built his own Lego kit that begged for another photo.