News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Phun with Phasers

Started by gordo, December 26, 2021, 10:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Got this one wrapped up this morning.  It's the Aion Emerald.  I haven't played the Boss PH-1r pedal in, well, forever.  I honestly don't recall it sounding this good.  This thing does the usual swooshies but it's the subtle stuff that this thing REALLY excels at.  Really lovely smooth LFO and very tweakable all the way thru the 70's sounding "yoy-yoy" sounds (which I hate).  If I ever join a Stones cover band I'll certainly have "Shattered"-era sounds covered...

This is a Tayda black 125B.  The laser did it's thing and then I filled the emerald graphic with a green sharpie.  The pic doesn't do it justice because the letters are razor sharp.  I seem to be hitting stride with the laser as long as I use the right paint/powder coat.

If I knew the guts would be this clean I would have painted the inside black.  The chances of me taking the guts back out to do that are somewhere between slim and none.

I used Kevin's smd transistors mounted on his adapters and just used pin headers to solder them in.  Looks a little weird but painless install.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

tcpoint

I built one and pleasantly surprised how good it is.  It, certainly, earned a spot on my board.

jimilee

Oh dammit man! You know I gotta build one now. I didn't realize this was  a jfet phaser, I would have lost that bet for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Hirti

Holy moly, what a clean build!  :)

gordo

And the nice part is that there's no diddling around with matching stuff if you're using smd's.  There's one trimmer and where ever it sounds good you leave it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

Superb stuff and tidy as, makes me curious indeed! Top notch, laser engraving looks fab too!
BigNoise Amplification

alanp

Wheee-ooh. That is gorgeous. The only improvement I'd suggest would be a white marker to fill in the text, as grey on black lacks contrast a bit.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Bio77