News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Solar Flare Fuzz and Angle Grinder OD

Started by cooder, January 05, 2022, 09:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

First two builds of the year in the box, Solar Flare Fuzz is based on Sola Sound Hybrid Tonebender and yes it rips.
Since I don't have a stash of the original OC140 Germanium transistors I used a Russian MP38A which does a good version of peeling off the wallpaper effortlessly as well.
First two transistors are silicon BC 109C and BC 107 respectively.

Angle Grinder is a take on the discontinued EQD White Light Overdrive, has it's own thing going on.
Aimed for a bit of an utility type look here, grey powder coated Tayda UV printed enclosure.

BigNoise Amplification

Drew Hallenbeck

Those look amazing!
I think I may have accidentally voided someone's warranty........ :(
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Bret608

Yep, I totally voided the warranty too!  ;) I've got a board for that hybrid TB as well that I just need a chance to build up. Like what you did with the White Light (BAT46 in place of the Ge I think?), and that Tayda gray looks classy.

jimilee

Another one out of the park!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

EBK

Great builds!
I really like the extra text on the boards.  Art.   ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Bio77

Gorgeous, in and out! 

I really like your aesthetic on the UV print graphics in your recent builds.  I need to start using some more color.  It looks killer.   

cooder

Cheers Gents!
Quote from: Bret608 on January 05, 2022, 01:46:44 PM
Yep, I totally voided the warranty too!  ;) I've got a board for that hybrid TB as well that I just need a chance to build up. Like what you did with the White Light (BAT46 in place of the Ge I think?), and that Tayda gray looks classy.
Yes they are BAT41, sounding good there. Cheers!
BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

Damn Stephan, I am gonna hang up my iron. These are amazing, I'm not worthy!
Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on January 06, 2022, 12:39:10 AM
Oh common' Chris, you've got all the superheros and special powers and all! You know it...!
BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: cooder on January 06, 2022, 05:14:25 AM
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on January 06, 2022, 12:39:10 AM
Oh common' Chris, you've got all the superheros and special powers and all! You know it...!
You are on a whole different level, making boards, killer graphics, relay bypass. You make better stuff than most big pedal companies!
Who the hell is Bucky?