News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Have you guys seen the Gibson Maestro teaser?

Started by jimilee, January 06, 2022, 02:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Quote from: Aentons on January 06, 2022, 11:55:28 PM
Maybe I missed it... Is there anything that leads us to believe that this will be a phaser other than us talking about it? I think we are looking at another Fuzz Tone reissue.
You're probably right there...
Still that PS-1A would be nice to do, whatever Gibson decides or comes up with doesn't change that.
BigNoise Amplification

Aentons

Quote from: cooder on January 07, 2022, 02:01:41 AM
Quote from: Aentons on January 06, 2022, 11:55:28 PM
Maybe I missed it... Is there anything that leads us to believe that this will be a phaser other than us talking about it? I think we are looking at another Fuzz Tone reissue.
You're probably right there...
Still that PS-1A would be nice to do, whatever Gibson decides or comes up with doesn't change that.
Oh absolutely, I hope they do a whole lineup rather than just the fuzz like they did several years back. That would be great.

harryklippton

I only mentioned the ps-1a because of the mojo hand C&D a few months ago thinking that maybe Gibson will come out with a new one?

cooder

Quote from: harryklippton on January 07, 2022, 02:12:25 AM
I only mentioned the ps-1a because of the mojo hand C&D a few months ago thinking that maybe Gibson will come out with a new one?
Most likely we'll better do it ourselves as usual... I might have to see if fig the man has a secret stash of matched jfets then...
BigNoise Amplification

madbean

Seems like the perfect time to update and release a Stage Fright 2022, haha.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on January 07, 2022, 02:24:45 AM
Now with more phasery stuff. Switchable 4, 6, and 8 stages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

Want!

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on January 07, 2022, 02:46:22 AM
Now with more phasery stuff. Switchable 4, 6, and 8 stages.

I actually worked on a 12 stage at one point, based on the Maestro. I need to pull that back out and see where I left it.

Quote from: harryklippton on January 07, 2022, 03:46:51 AM
Want!

Okay!

harryklippton

Well that's pretty cool. I'm glad I asked about this

alanp

Quote from: cooder on January 07, 2022, 02:16:45 AM
Quote from: harryklippton on January 07, 2022, 02:12:25 AM
Most likely we'll better do it ourselves as usual... I might have to see if fig the man has a secret stash of matched jfets then...

For a matched sextet of fets, if it does happen commercially, it's safe money it'll be a limited run.

One of the coolest things about the PS-1A, apart from the sound itself, is how ramping the speed up or down has a bit of lag to it when you stomp on one of the three switches, and you can hear the LFO change.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

Is there ever a not so perfect time for a phaser....? Looking forward to it!
BigNoise Amplification

Haberdasher

On the subject of the ps-1a, we've discussed making that into a lectric-fx project.  It does have a couple of challenges, like 6 matched fets and +/-12v power, IIRC.

I have enough smd jfets to offer the matched sets for it (not that I necessarily look forward to matching and sorting 1500 coarse pepper grinds), but the power's a murkier issue that might take some experimentation in order to get it right.  The usual charge pump solution isn't going to cut it, so it'd possibly have to be one of those bricks similar to the unit used in the 2nd Rustbucket.  Or some setup with higher voltage and a charge pump.  We're not through researching that, but global supply issues might not help matters.

We certainly haven't given up on the idea, but it's been shifted slightly towards the back burner for the moment.  I guess we'll see.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jimilee

Quote from: cooder on January 07, 2022, 05:15:13 AM
Is there ever a not so perfect time for a phaser....? Looking forward to it!
Nope, anytime is phaser time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.