News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Small Bear is being acquired (by SynthCube)

Started by culturejam, January 07, 2022, 02:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Read all about it: https://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/update/

Dear Friends and Customers:

Small Bear is excited to announce that we have reached an agreement in principle to be acquired by synthCube.

Following a final agreement, Small Bear customers will be able to continue ordering directly from the Small Bear webstore, as soon as arrangements have been completed for synthCube to accept and fill those orders. Please note that it is likely to take a few months for synthCube to receive our remaining stock in Massachusetts, get it organized on their premises and re-stock depleted items.

We expect that the combination of Small Bear and synthCube will provide expanded parts selection for DIY audio enthusiasts, including makers of stompboxes, modular synths, amps and more.

The combined company will continue to serve both hobbyists and commercial accounts. Small to mid-size stompbox, modular synth and DIY audio companies will continue to find deep inventory and competitive prices for components purchased in bulk, with a particular focus on analog and digital components specific to audio DIY.

Please watch this space for updates as we build our partnership.

Steve, Judy and the Small Bear Team
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

dont-tase-me-bro

I hope they continue sourcing / stocking all the weird old stuff like Steve did
I thought this would save me money.

culturejam

Whoops, didn't see the other thread. I scanned the forum quickly but missed it.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jessenator

QuoteFollowing a final agreement, Small Bear customers will be able to continue ordering directly from the Small Bear webstore, as soon as arrangements have been completed for synthCube to accept and fill those orders. Please note that it is likely to take a few months for synthCube to receive our remaining stock in Massachusetts, get it organized on their premises and re-stock depleted items.

So, is anyone else having issues ordering? I tried a few weeks ago, just thinking it was a service outage or something, but I can't do anything but add to a wishlist, which doesn't allow me to move it to a cart or anything.

I know things don't always go according to plan, but I'd've hoped the webstore would still be active :(

EBK

They still haven't announced a reopening date.  Don't expect it to work before some more months go by.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

madbean

syhthcube is moving I guess, so maybe that's to a larger spot to house smallbear inventory?

jessenator

Quote from: EBK on March 12, 2022, 12:21:52 PM
They still haven't announced a reopening date.  Don't expect it to work before some more months go by.
Oh. I guess I misunderstood their announcement. I thought they were leaving it open/as-is until the synth place gets all of their inventory. So were they actually closed up for a bit before the acquisition then?

It's been at least 8 years since I bought anything from them :/ so I didn't know if they were closed up before the new year.

bcalla

Quote from: madbean on March 12, 2022, 01:26:46 PM
syhthcube is moving I guess, so maybe that's to a larger spot to house smallbear inventory?

Until I saw this thread back in January, I didn't know SynthCube was located in Massachusetts.  I live about 10 miles from their Lexington, MA location, so I went over to check them out.

They have a lot of cool products, but their building was not a great space for retail sales (2nd floor over a gas station and a Dunkin' Donuts, with limited parking).  WAZE had a hard time directing me to their shop - I had to call them to guide me in after driving past it a couple times.  They seemed pretty enthusiastic to be taking on Small Bear's business.  The person I spoke to told me they were moving to Waltham, MA, but didn't know exactly when that would happen.

I'm excited that there will be a pedal components retailer in my back yard!

jessenator