News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What is everyone doing????

Started by jimilee, January 08, 2022, 04:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesmokingman

causing trouble elsewhere ... got a little sidetracked last year chasing down unobtainium parts for the various things I want to eventually build after smallbear announced they were closing ... now that my stash is secured I've shifted focus to some of the more complex builds I have on my plate
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

davent

Cooking,  gardening projects and putting in time playing guitars.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Big Monk

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on January 09, 2022, 07:18:29 PM
Quote from: madbean on January 09, 2022, 04:04:21 PM
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on January 08, 2022, 04:35:51 PM

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Is that one of the newer '61s? Missed a couple opportunities in the last few months to get one at a really good price but I've committed to selling a couple guitars before buying a third SG. I'm trying to keep my total guitar count to 5 but I'm already +1, haha.
It is Brian, the new standard 61. Sounds and plays excellent. I sold a Les Paul tribute to get it and so glad I did. I'm set now on guitars, all bases covered including bass, my p-bass. Not pictured is my martin acoustic, that stays in the case.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

That a real nice looking SG Chris.

My local shop just got one of the Worn Cherry Red Epiphone SG Specials with P90s in. Played it when my son was at drums on Saturday.
My name is Derek Scott. I can tell that we are gonna be friends.

"Beneath the bebop moon, I'm howling like a loon..."

thomasha

last year was rough, all work an no fun. I also had to finish my dissertation...it took a lot of time.
But this year I hope I can build more stuff, lets see. Last year I had a lot of Ideas an no time. It has been centuries since my last subminiature amp. 

jimilee

Quote from: thomasha on January 10, 2022, 10:03:39 AM
last year was rough, all work an no fun. I also had to finish my dissertation...it took a lot of time.
But this year I hope I can build more stuff, lets see. Last year I had a lot of Ideas an no time. It has been centuries since my last subminiature amp.
Oh nice, are you Drthomasha now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thomasha

QuoteOh nice, are you Drthomasha now?
not yet, still have to defend it. With the pandemic it has been more difficult to fix a date.

peAk

A lot of my favorite forum members stopped being active in the forum. Kind of a bummer but I understand.

I remember how awesome things were when I first joined and then slowly but surely, people started fading away.

I guess the lifespan of a pedal builder is relatively short. Once a person feels they have built everything they could possibly ever want, they get bored and move on.

That said, I'm still excited about building and have been playing a ton of guitar.

Thewintersoldier

I feel the same. I have the passion even if I don't always have the time. The big thing for me is that there wasn't alot of projects that were exciting or excited me. Brian has been on fire since summer.
Who the hell is Bucky?

culturejam

Quote from: madbean on January 09, 2022, 04:04:21 PM
I've committed to selling a couple guitars before buying a third SG. I'm trying to keep my total guitar count to 5 but I'm already +1, haha.

What SG do you have besides the SGJ?

This is my main squeeze right now, which is a 2003 Standard (and I also have a ebony 2018 Standard). I think I'm actually going to sell the 2018.

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Martan

Man, there's a lot of SG players on here! Good stuff. I lurk here from time to time to look at builds but have been building amps and rack gear, which takes ruining other forums, too ;) Still, this forum was and continues to be a great place full of great people.

All the best,

Marty

Aentons

I'm in the SG club too... Mine is a 2005 Standard in Natural Burst. The mid-2000's had the thicker 50's necks that I very much prefer over the thin 60's profile that everything else seems to have.

thomasha

Nice one, those are not so common.
Any love for SG juniors? I would love to have one with the dogear P90s, but they seem to be out of stock everywhere in the EU.

Well, that and some convincing, cause my wife knows I already have a SG shaped guitar...

jkokura

I had an SG for a little bit. I sold it tho. I probably owned the wrong kind, as mine had a pair of P90s in it, and I didn't dig the sound. I'm in for the classic Singles or Doubles, but don't get along with any Hum.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Martan

I've got an epiphone sg that I'm storing for a cousin. Haven't dug into it yet.

madbean

Quote from: culturejam on January 13, 2022, 08:39:00 PM
What SG do you have besides the SGJ?

I bought a used 2016 SG Standard w P90's about three years ago. It's basically the perfect guitar for me. With 11's is just slays. Only maybe to be surpassed by a '61 w/ humbuckers at a future time, haha.