Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EHX Freedom Preamp

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 09, 2022, 02:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Big Monk on January 10, 2022, 08:54:46 AM
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on January 09, 2022, 02:45:40 PM
Here is a great project from effectslayouts that was recently released. Based on the old freedom amplifier's preamp section. Could use it to go direct to a daw or as a different flavor of overdrive. Josh Scott did a video on the amp and gives a great idea of the tone. Straight forward build with no issues. Artwork inspired by @jjjimi84.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

The beginnings of the gigantic white wire roll!
1000ft of it!
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

Awesome build, Chris!  I dig what you did with the text around the shield.  Looks legit  8)

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on January 10, 2022, 09:59:42 AM
Awesome build, Chris!  I dig what you did with the text around the shield.  Looks legit  8)
Thanks John, trying to learn new tricks and mix it up. Having gone from paint.net to actual praphic design software made me up my game. Your ganna start seeing some really cool stuff mixed in from time to time with my general aesthetic.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on January 10, 2022, 08:57:39 AM
1000ft of it!

That should be enough to get you through 2 or 3 of the DEFX Ludwig Phase 2 builds  :o

Thewintersoldier

Haha I'm just gonna live vicariously through your build!
Who the hell is Bucky?

storyboardist

Great looking build as always, Chris!

Quote from: dawson on January 09, 2022, 04:57:02 PM
can you tell us what's going on with the "BITE" control?  There's no explanation in the build doc, and the "GAIN" and "VOLUME" functions are already spoken for- I'm puzzled

Chris'/EHX's explanation is pretty spot on. I reckon the Gain was more like a volume and Bite the gain control, but the interaction between gain and tone with the Bite control made it feel different, so I added a master volume to allow you to crank it up without blowing speakers.

Also it's called Corsair on my store, but now I'm feeling like I should rename it something overly patriotic. lol
Guy behind Effects Layouts