News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rock'n Roll in a recycled enclosure

Started by cooder, January 14, 2022, 03:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

This one has been sitting on the "I should that one get finished heap" for a awhile too.
Here we are, all buttoned up now as well, in a recycled enclosure.
Had it previously drilled for something else, filled the holes with car body filler, dash of paint inside, slap a laser decal ob top with acrylic face plate.
It's the reason for the slightly misplaced holes that don't quite fit the labels, but hey, Rock' n Roll it does. Close enough.
Bob's your Uncle, Fanny is the Auntie.

The Thunderbird is a great ROG Marshall circuit on a 1776 fx board, does a big stack down to earth rock sound sure thing.
In front of it a Nga Viper treble boost to kick the guts into gear even more as pleased.
It rips for sure.

The Thunderbird can be a bit hissy with the 'Top' dialed up, but it's meant to be played and then you don't hear the hiss anymore, all you hear is roar.

Since I play a bright Tele style gat mainly I do have the 'Top' dial low anyway and that leeps the high end hiss in check.
The Naga Viper is on a home brew board, both can be switched independently with 1776 finish line relay boards.

BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Oh very nice, I was wondering about that board myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.