News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mysterioso

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 16, 2022, 12:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I've had this board since it was released and like many of us don't get to it cause we get distracted by other builds. Well this weekend has been very productive. Since everyone slept in the past could days I was able to get up early and knock out two builds. Gotta get it in while I can. This is a really cool one spend about an hour with it on the test rig before boxing. Tried with numerous guitars and its good with all of them. Can do low to semi high gain and with two channels and lots of tone shaping control between the tone (mids control) and internal dip switches you can tailor to any rig. I prefer the reactive mode because you get excellent volume knob cleanup and dynamics. No film on tayda enclosure. I took the route Brian did for his graphic and went with Mysterio. Another great layout and pedal from Brian. Highly recommend for a different style of drive pedal.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Super tidy again, nice! 8)
LED placement worked out great, the whole graphic works with all that stuff going on.
Can you handle two footswitches on a 125B...? Because I don't even try to go there.
BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: cooder on January 16, 2022, 01:34:59 PM
LED placement worked out great, the whole graphic works with all that stuff going on.
Can you handle two footswitches on a 125B...? Because I don't even try to go there.
Thanks Stephan. It's not too bad with two switches on a 125b. The trick is using your foot on an angle. Most of the time I would leave it on 1 channel and that turn it on and off

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

That looks fabulous, as always. Really a greta drive. I did a lot of research on this particular drive before I put it together Brian had one. I ordered some no film supplies, so thanks to that super helpful tutorial, I'm gonna give it a try.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on January 16, 2022, 01:39:26 PM
Quote from: cooder on January 16, 2022, 01:34:59 PM
Thanks Stephan. It's not too bad with two switches on a 125b. The trick is using your foot on an angle. Most of the time I would leave it on 1 channel and that turn it on and off

I find myself busy enough focussing on the 'angle' and whereabouts of my fingers on fretboard while playing... let alone of the angle of my feet...  ;D
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

That looks great, Chris!  I bought it right when it came out, like you did  ;D  Still in the stash.

madbean

Looks totally pro! Glad you like it.

jjjimi84

Hats off sir, looks great

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: madbean on January 16, 2022, 05:47:34 PM
Looks totally pro! Glad you like it.
Thanks Brian. The more I play it I think I'm gonna change the drive 2 gain pot the a C taper, it's bunched up in the last 10-15 percent. The volume pots could probably benefit from a logarithmic taper but it's not as big a deal. Other than that it's super cool. Best cleanup I've had from an OD, rivals germanium fuzz faces.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Thewintersoldier

Update: I changed the gain 2 pot to a C500k pot from linear. The result was a very nice range from clean to dirty. I tried a different tapers for gain 1 but as I thought the knob no longer functioned as it should. Great pedal.

Who the hell is Bucky?

Thewintersoldier

Ok, I played with different caps in place of the 3n3. 1n was too thin and worked up to 2n2. Took just enough mids out to make it more balanced. Here's a sound clip showing picking dynamics.
Who the hell is Bucky?