News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Deadend FX Wurmloch

Started by soldersqueeze, January 16, 2022, 10:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

My continuing mission, to build all the ring modulators....

This is a Wurmloch, PCB from Deadend. Based on the Death By Audio Space Ring with an added blend and "Wormhole" control, it's pretty bonkers but a lot of fun. Far less versatile and powerful than the String Ringer I recently completed, it covers a few of the sounds well and is a great solution for someone looking for bonkers noise but not something as complex as that.

There are a few wierd parts that you'll probably not have laying around but it's a pretty simple build once you get them. The layout is nice and clean and you can make it more compact than I have if you don't share my distrust of board mounted switches.

jimilee

Wow, nice. 2 transformers. How's it sound?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

29palms

acenterforants

Nice build. I like Deadend's boards but I find that I always prefer to tweak the control layouts to my liking.  While not driven by distrust of board mounting, it still creates some extra steps and coordination, which I can appreciate in your build.

soldersqueeze

Quote from: jimilee on January 16, 2022, 11:06:51 AM
Wow, nice. 2 transformers. How's it sound?

It's does choppy square trem through to nasty atonal ring mod goodness. If you can get the parts without much hassle it's worth a build if you like your bass/ guitar to sound super nasty.

Quote from: acenterforants on January 21, 2022, 07:02:46 AM
Nice build. I like Deadend's boards but I find that I always prefer to tweak the control layouts to my liking.  While not driven by distrust of board mounting, it still creates some extra steps and coordination, which I can appreciate in your build.

Thank you, I do like to customise the looks of my builds a bit, and not doing proper art on them leaves me little option but to mess with the layouts!