News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE Dragon Hound

Started by Bio77, January 16, 2022, 04:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

Dragon Hound made me think of Falkor from the Never Ending Story and I couldn't envision any other graphic.  It came out more cute than I would have preferred, but I'm happy with it ;D  I borrowed the all white aesthetic from EBK's 2020 BOTY.  I think it looks super classy. 

Interesting drive that I'm looking forward to spending more time with. 

matmosphere

Classy looking! Love the artwork that is a great idea and impeccable exicution. I used to really like that movie, maybe one to watch with the kids at some point.

Thewintersoldier

This is awesome John! Super clean work once again. That no film is[emoji140] Dan had talked me into getting one of these boards and I gotta get around to it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

harryklippton

perfect no film execution. that looks so good!

jimilee

I love it, and  those 9mil knobs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Thanks fellas!

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on January 16, 2022, 04:32:43 PM
This is awesome John! Super clean work once again. That no film is[emoji140] Dan had talked me into getting one of these boards and I gotta get around to it.
I'd be curious to hear what you think.  I was surprised, it seems to do heavy really well.  I want to try a 4558 in the TS side and mess some more with the comp trim.

jjjimi84

Great pedal and looks super cool, hats off!

cooder

Spot on tidy and knobbies sit perfectly!
BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on January 16, 2022, 05:06:42 PM
Thanks fellas!

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on January 16, 2022, 04:32:43 PM
I'd be curious to hear what you think.  I was surprised, it seems to do heavy really well.  I want to try a 4558 in the TS side and mess some more with the comp trim.
It is a tube screamer into a rat and that's a classic tone wise.killer tones. So I imagine this can do heavy stuff great. Personally, I would add to much compression because each circuit has a good amount of compression already.
Who the hell is Bucky?

benny_profane

Great build! Glad that it's a project being offered at MBP—it's a lot of fun. The execution is flawless! Particularly digging the ultra-skinny knobs for the 9mm pots.

Bret608

Yeah, those knobs for the 9mm pots (or are they part of the pots?) look great! As does the whole build, of course. I've been wanting to do one of these all-white ones at some point too. Sounds like this circuit is also very worth checking out.

Bio77

Thanks guys! 

The white knobs were from Small Bear, they slide over the plastic shaft 9mm pots.  I guess they'll be around again soon once Synthcube gets going.  They require drilling the holes one step past a regular pot hole (step 7, I believe, I don't remember the sizes anymore  :P).

gordo

Funny, but the first thing that jumped out (given that you pay such crazy attention to detail) was the perfectly drilled holes and tolerance around those mini knobs.  Damned perfect!!!  What a classy build.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bio77

Thanks Gordo!  I mount the PCB to the 16mm pots first, then flip it over and do some fine tuning on the 9mms before soldering them in place.  It's a pet peeve of mine when they get tight through rotation because they're off center.  My small part to appease the OCD gods  ;D