News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fuzz pedal components

Started by redkurn, January 22, 2022, 04:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redkurn

Is it just me or are most fuzz pedals loaded with unobtainium?

With small bear gone or soon to be, where are we to get good parts for things like a vintage fuzz face?

Even a builder of a pedal that sounds really good and has some unique aspects has discontinued it, the Silicon Phuzz, though I don't know if it is due to locating parts or other reasons, but I'd like to see a schematic.

jimilee

I wouldn't say most, I would say some of the older fuzz faces, tonebenders and rangemasters. Also, If you hadn't heard, small bear is being bought by synth cube, so they will hopefully restock and pickup where sb left off. Synth cube are good people, they had a lot of the stuff SB didn't. But yeah, when it can to germanium transistors, SB was definitely the go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

beneharris

That is good to hear that Small Bear got bought.

redkurn

glad to hear the business will continue and i can still have a reliable source for parts.
i emailed and asked them about that and let them know i would miss doing business with them a few months ago with no response, i stopped checking their site since i expected it to be gone.

the parts i am referring to are the ones i keep finding in the original fuzz face designs, i think i want to build one of those and see how it stacks up against the big muff, rat and red llama i've built.
expecting to enjoy the clipping way more, the bazz fuss i built needs a new "gain/bias" pot, one of the legs broke off while i was trying to work on it the other week and i got to thinking how much the pedal sucks compared to others and i'd like something with more control over the fuzz or better sounding.

not knocking any of them i have or built, just want to get that vibe when i am attempting to play some david gilmour riffs. XD