News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

This has to end

Started by Leevibe, January 22, 2022, 04:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

This is my visual workbench confession. This image captures the reality of my workbench for about the last year or so. This is one of the reasons why I haven't been building anything. If you are in the same situation, take a pic and post it. It's your "before" pic. Be brave. Let's get these work stations clean and build something dang it!

EBK

You still have a square foot of usable space there.  That's a square foot more than I have in my workspace.  I've been borrowing other surfaces to build stuff.  Not brave enough for a pic yet.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

gordo

For some inexplicable reason I seem to have gone the opposite direction since lockdown (had more time on my hands back then I guess).  Previously yours and mine would have looked about the same.

Now:

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

alanp

While I have a shed, the sad fact is that right now it's mostly a warehouse full of crap.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Stomptown

My workbench has been covered in cobwebs for the past year and a half.  I'd take a picture, but I'm too damn tired to go out there!  😂

jimilee

My looks like yours by the end of the week. I clean it off every couple of weeks because I keep losing things among the clutter, infuriating, but it keeps happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mjg

I had a big pile of resistor leg off cuts on my desk, until I knocked my extractor fan over onto them.  I now have a clean desk (and occasionally still finding resistor legs in the strangest places around the room - amazing how far they flew).

jkokura

This is a motivating page. I will partake as soon as I can. My workspace is dismal, but it can get better. I do have projects I need to accomplish!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Muadzin

Quote from: alanp on January 22, 2022, 05:53:46 PM
While I have a shed, the sad fact is that right now it's mostly a warehouse full of crap.

I helped a friend move and her shed was literally that. Like you opened the door and instant wall of crap. And in a perverse way incredibly efficiently stacked.

EBK

This morning:

This evening:

Progress.  I still have tons of misplaced junk of many categories in places not shown in these pics.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jimilee

Daaaamn, there was a guitar under all that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

dan.schumaker

I was in the same spot this weekend.  My bench has gotten away from me the last couple of months, so I did a little cleaning as well.  Its amazing how a clean bench gives a new outlook on things.
Before:

After

(but don't ask about my shop outside, that is a total disaster area  ::) ::))

davent

Quote from: Leevibe on January 22, 2022, 04:06:53 PM
This is my visual workbench confession. This image captures the reality of my workbench for about the last year or so. This is one of the reasons why I haven't been building anything. If you are in the same situation, take a pic and post it. It's your "before" pic. Be brave. Let's get these work stations clean and build something dang it!

With the way the interiors of your pedals look, are put together, this is allowed.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Leevibe

Thanks guys. This is therapeutic. I did make some progress on my setup. I should have it all cleaned up this weekend. I'll post a pic.

Quote from: jimilee on January 23, 2022, 05:13:01 PM
Daaaamn, there was a guitar under all that!

Hahahaha!!!!
Quote from: EBK on January 23, 2022, 03:13:33 PM

This evening:

That tele looks sweet. I have an LPB strat with maple fretboard. Fraternal twins.

Quote from: dan.schumaker on January 23, 2022, 05:14:24 PM
I was in the same spot this weekend.  My bench has gotten away from me the last couple of months, so I did a little cleaning as well.  Its amazing how a clean bench gives a new outlook on things.

This is what I'm after

Quote from: gordo on January 22, 2022, 04:26:17 PM
For some inexplicable reason I seem to have gone the opposite direction since lockdown (had more time on my hands back then I guess).  Previously yours and mine would have looked about the same.

Bravo!

Quote from: link=topic=33440.msg320872#msg320872 date=1642987261

With the way the interiors of your pedals look, are put together, this is allowed.

My secret is to clean interiors is to rip all the junk out of the pedal guts and scatter it all over my bench. :o

Gearomatic

Ugh, I'm super guilty of this. Super easy to just push it farther towards the edge when I stream, so the mess is just off camera.

Not only that, but i share tripods/cameras for other setups so they always get pulled off the table, so its usually 4x the wires/clutter.
I promise to clean it eventually

Not pictured is the pile of mouser/SB/Taydel bags overflowing from my garbage.... or the tools on my other desk.... or my camera gear..........