News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Reverb (finally)

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, January 25, 2022, 12:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

So I started working on this one almost a year ago after buying a partial kit of NOS enclosure and parts. The kit was a Blackout Effectors Cadavernous Pandimensional Reverberator. It was one of those reverbs that I always really liked and wanted to buy but never pulled the trigger. After Blackout closed their doors, these became a little more difficult to find on the used market. I got the kit, ordered a used original pedal from Guitar Center (to check wiring and general assembly), got some help from Kyle with parts of the V-1 schematic and then got to work.
I've played around with some of the component values and general circuit layout. There are a few changes I'd like to make for future versions and will likely redesign the board/layout. I decided to go ahead with a pretty straight-forward "stock" build since I already had the first version of boards and an enclosure. I noticed a little switch pop when engaging the circuit so I'll have to play around a little bit and see if I can get rid of the noise. Other than that, it's pretty awesome!
I also did away with the internal switches to assign the expression pedal control and just added another jack. Now it's as simple as just plugging into the one you want, or using both. I added a remote jack for the momentary "spiral" foot switch for more placement versatility on a pedal board.
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Drew Hallenbeck

Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"

Drew Hallenbeck

Tight fit but there was just enough room for all of the jacks!

Govmnt_Lacky

Very, very nice!

What is the bracket attached to the EXP2 jack? Is that a grounding point??

Drew Hallenbeck

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 25, 2022, 01:12:17 PM
Very, very nice!

What is the bracket attached to the EXP2 jack? Is that a grounding point??

Yup. I was going to post a link here but I can't remember where I ordered them from........

Drew Hallenbeck

https://tubedepot.com/products/grounding-washer

I'm not sure that I ordered them from the Tube Depot but these are the same thing.

m-Kresol

great stuff. I really dig the graphics and knob choice! 8)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Bio77

Great project!  Congrats!  The graphics and layout are very cool.

cooder

Sweetness and super cool inside out! 8)
BigNoise Amplification