News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

JMK HooDoo Drive in a 1590G

Started by EBK, January 26, 2022, 07:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

This is my first build this year, and it is my first time using a 1590G.  It's a JMK HooDoo Drive, based on the Voodoo Labs Overdrive.

The graphics are simple freehand with a Sharpie and a paint marker and some clear coat.

I wrapped the board in some gaffers tape after taking this pic of the guts.

I like the way it sounds.  It's a more subtle drive, mostly clean, but adds some nice flavor.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

harryklippton

Drew Hallenbeck

Love the graphic. It's creepy in a really great way! I really like how the control labels seem to be "growing" out of the branches.
I've built all of Madbean's 1590G projects but have yet to actually use a 1590G enclosure for anything. Looks like you've nailed it!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

EBK

Thanks!
The 1590G is interesting to work with. It's as if someone took a 1590B and shrunk it in all dimensions.  It is shallower than a 1590A, and I would say about equally tricky. 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jimilee

Oh wow, nice job. I wish I could draw like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

Impressive. I designed that PCB to fit sideways in a 1590B or 125B, not in that little 1590G. Glad you got it all to fit, because it looks sharp!

(see what I did there ;)

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

NorthCoast

Very nice!

I like how the tree goes over onto the sides.

What type of goo did you use to hold the LED in place?
"People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand..." - Claude Monet

EBK

Thanks!  I've been wanting to make something with graphics that wrap around an enclosure for quite a while. This one gave me that opportunity.  I was going to do something complicated with decals, but I decided I would rather draw on the box itself than on my computer.  Quicker and easier.

The goo is hot glue.  Very useful stuff for when you need to support something rather than just adhere it.