News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

CHUN LI Clean boost (SHO)

Started by tagwap, January 13, 2012, 02:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tagwap

Just finished this tonight. A SHO on vero. Really pleased with how the artwork turned out after I adjusted all the settings to super high res on my printer. I loved the street fighter games back in the day so thought i'd pay homage! I'd have prefered to use a blue led and white knob but I didn't have any left. might swap them out in the future.

nzCdog

I spent hours playing SFII as a teenager!  Great pedal  8)

pickdropper

What is that artwork printed on?  Is it a vinyl sticker or something else?

I am still trying to figure out the best labeling method.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

tagwap

Adhesive sticker paper. It's just like glossy photo paper but adhesive. It does the job great but if you bake your pedals like I do you can only bake it up to 35'c (basically like a very hot day outside) once you've Laquered it as it will wrinkle at the edges otherwise.

If I'm doing a white pedal I use the transparent adhesive paper which I think is better and much thinner and you came bake it full temp.

juansolo

Always used to play as ChunLi, it was the hips that did it...

I approve  ;D
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

gtr2

I've had a few all nighters back in the day playing SFII.  Great pedal.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pickdropper

Quote from: tagwap on January 14, 2012, 01:23:13 AM
Adhesive sticker paper. It's just like glossy photo paper but adhesive. It does the job great but if you bake your pedals like I do you can only bake it up to 35'c (basically like a very hot day outside) once you've Laquered it as it will wrinkle at the edges otherwise.

If I'm doing a white pedal I use the transparent adhesive paper which I think is better and much thinner and you came bake it full temp.

Cool, good info.  I actually have a small Blue M lab oven, so low temp baking is easy.

Was it printed on an inkjet or laser printer?
Function f(x)

tagwap

It was an inkjet set to glossy photo paper, very high resolution. Obviously the input picture was high res too. I did the graphics using pixlr.com and the resized to to print to the right size for the pedal using ifanview. (set at 200pixels per inch) all free software.

pickdropper

Function f(x)