News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Yellow Shark - First Etched Enclosure

Started by Bluestrat, December 18, 2011, 07:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluestrat

This is my first etched enclosure. It's a Honey Bee.... er, I mean Yellow Shark. Really great fabbed board from MBP. Super easy to solder and fired up right away. Very nice low gain pedal. Great for single coils. The graphic elements are from stock vector art. I manipulated that and the type to get the look. The finish is a combination of black along with a metallic brown rubbed into the etch and top surface. Final finish is  clear nitro lacquer from ReRanch.

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

snz728

pryde

LaceSensor

jkokura

That is a pretty cool finish. I like your photography skills too.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

sgmezei

Holy crap due. This looks beyond professional. What a great looking pedal.
How do you yellow the indicator lines on the knobs if you dont mind me asking?

nzCdog

tenwatt

Holy craps!  I LOVE that!  That's my favorite build I've seen on this site.
Not too bright....

mjcyates

You my friend are quite the artist! Yet another amazing pedal.

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Bluestrat

:D Thanks again for all the good words. Considering the unbelievable talent represented on this forum I'm flattered as well as humbled. I wouldn't have had a clue how to do this without all the excellent info and examples here and elsewhere. I've lost all interest in actually buying a pedal. It's too damn fun to build your own ;D

Next up for me is something on tag board. Got some boards on the way from the UK and just scored some NOS turret boards as well. Looking forward to working with those.
Quote from: sgmezei on December 18, 2011, 02:31:49 PM
How do you yellow the indicator lines on the knobs if you dont mind me asking?
I age the position markers with just a touch of amber shellac using a tiny brush. Great stuff for aging.

bobertperry

Turned out beyond amazing!  I'm impressed.

dwstanford

WOW!!!!!  Super job.  I need to get off my ass and start etching my own enclosures.  That looks so bad ass.  That's an interesting method of connecting your wire with sockets.  I bet that makes it easier to dress the wires.  Do you ever have any issues with the wires coming loose?

mysticwhiskey

Gorgeous!  That's such a nice finish.  It's been ages since I etched an enclosure, I just may have to get back into it after seeing this.