News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

sea urchin mod?

Started by asmiroth, December 18, 2011, 07:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asmiroth

is there any mod for the sea urchin like the endless repeats like the rebote have? thanks!

LaceSensor

Have you tried adding a resistor in series with the feedback pot and making it switchable?

madbean

You can try lowering R15 from 5k1. Socket it for experimentation.

asmiroth

Quote from: madbean on December 19, 2011, 12:36:44 AM
You can try lowering R15 from 5k1. Socket it for experimentation.

thanks brian! :) i really want this oscillation mod like in rebote hehe!

asmiroth

Quote from: LaceSensor on December 18, 2011, 09:12:30 PM
Have you tried adding a resistor in series with the feedback pot and making it switchable?
not yet. havent tried it yet.. might try as well. what resistor value would you recomend? thanks!

LaceSensor

I dunno, just thats what it does in the rebote unless i am imagining things.
It goes to the lug 2 of the Repeats pots (which is 20k). I think typically its a switch of something like 11k and 15k.

But that said, apparently the DBD is less like the rebote so I would go with Brians suggestions over mine.

asmiroth

Quote from: LaceSensor on December 20, 2011, 11:24:41 AM
I dunno, just thats what it does in the rebote unless i am imagining things.
It goes to the lug 2 of the Repeats pots (which is 20k). I think typically its a switch of something like 11k and 15k.

But that said, apparently the DBD is less like the rebote so I would go with Brians suggestions over mine.

thanks man. i'll try to put a DPDT and put on the 5.1k and something lower he he :)

Tpetty5

I built the Sea Urchin last weekend and I get endless repeat oscillation when the feedback knob is full CW.  I built it stock with no part substitutions.

Great pedal BTW.