News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dual switch LED help

Started by Grazza, February 11, 2022, 03:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazza

I have finally got round to boxing up a very old krankosaurus board. This is my first build, please excuse the mess. I decided to use these breakout boards and I don't think I understood enough to do so and they have given me grief.
The effect works both distortion and boost, but only the boost LED comes on when engaged. I have attached photos of the build below.
I feel like it has something to do with the fact that there is no 9v connected to the second breakout boards 9v(board) or DC in. I don't really know what I'm doing though. There is only one 9v wire off the effect PCB which goes to the breakout board on the left. The holes aren't big enough to put a second wire in the breakout board or the effect PCB. Should I be running a second wire from the DC jack 9v+ to the second breakout board. If so does it go to the DC in or the 9v in? Or am I on the wrong track completely?

Haberdasher

Yeah the other board is going to need power for its LED too.  I'm not familiar with that 3pdt board but I'm guessing it doesn't matter which pad you use: dc 9v or 9v.  And the one on the left likely only needs one wire for 9v or dc 9v, and it looks like you may have both?  It's a little hard to tell.  You could run a wire from either one of those over to the other board and that'd probably work.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Grazza

The board's are from diyeffectpedal I think. That's correct the board on the right has DC in connected and 9v to the main PCB. I tried but couldn't fit 2 wires in the holes of the breakout board to jumper over to the next board.
So you think if I disconnected DC in or 9v and connected it to the other breakout it would work? I can easily run another wire off the DC jack to that bsecond board, would that work too or no good

Aentons

Move your power jack wires going to left boards dc pads to the right ones dc pads. Then run wires from the right ones 9v pads to the left ones dc pads where you had the wires before

Grazza

I'll give it a shot, do I need to bring the ground over too, or is it grounded through the output jack shield?

Grazza

Done, it worked! LED works, effect works. Thanks guys!